Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've tried a couple times in the past to make an audio CD image to use with Vib Ribbon, but hadn't succeeded in finding a reasonably simple way to turn some MP3 files into a CD image (without having to resort to things like burning a physical CDR, then make an image from that).

The release of Vib Ribbon on PSN today inspired me to try again, and I've found a pretty quick, easy way to do it. I thought I'd share that here.

You'll need PowerISO (http://www.poweriso.com/). It's a paid app, but they do have a trial version that limits you to 300MB CDs (which will just limit how many songs you can put on your CD image).
  1. Start PowerISO.
  2. From the dropdown arrow by "New", select "Audio CD".
  3. Drag some MP3 files onto the app.
  4. Click "Save", and choose a filename and where to save (the same folder as your Vib Ribbon ISO is a good choice). It'll save a .bin and a .cue file.
  5. You can now close PowerISO.
  6. Run ePSXe, and run your Vib Ribbon ISO as usual.
  7. In the game, choose to play with your own CD. It'll prompt you to insert your music CD.
  8. Escape to the ePSXe menu, and select File->Change Disc->ISO.
  9. Select the .bin or .cue file (either will work) you saved in step 4.
  10. Have fun! ;)
It was step 4 that used to trip me up. I kept looking for some way to write to an image file (instead of a CDR). I didn't realize I could just save in PowerISO, and it would save in bin/cue format.
What ROM do you use? I'm DYING to play that game now, and I need to find out what ROM to use that works properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey i just tried this tutorial using magiciso and openemu. everything works great! the only issue that's come up for me is that when i upload songs to magiciso, all of the songs are slower than they should be (pitch is lower too). not exactly sure what's causing it, but for right now i don't have an issue with it. can't wait to play megalovania lol

EDIT: i couldn't fix it but i did download ultraiso and there were no issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The game works fine but when i try to play a custom cd it says "insert a music-disc" and i do the same thing told in the tutorial i press escape go to change disc and then iso choose my .CUE file then it loads for a bit and then vibri talks again and it says "insert a music.disc"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem use make a new Mixed audio instead of Audio CD. Now it works great but I'm so bad at Vib-Ribbon I cant get past my own songs XD

21 - 25 of 25 Posts