Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Bastion works with HookMode=Normal, no HookMask, and with no renaming of xinput1_3.dll. Tested with x360ce.App-2.1.2.190. My x360ce.ini file InputHook section read:

[InputHook]
HookMode=1
HookLL=0
HookCOM=0
HookSA=0
HookWT=0

You need to enable controllers: in the game go to Help & Options > Controls > click on the gamepad icon.

I can confirm that Grand Theft Auto IV doesn't need a HookMask, as it worked with the above ini. Everything as in Bastion.

One question I've got: if a game needs a HookMask, what is the best HookMode to run it under?
Useless, HookMode=X was removed in r574
HOOK_NAME work with conjunction with HOOK_DI, in GetDeviceInfo method, GetProperty method and DirectInput enumeration callback, ie. it have limited functionality. I must know what API Mini Ninja's use to hook it... Maybe RegistryAPI ? (RegQueryValue).

For clarity old HookMode states (HookLL was added in r553 to all states):
Code:
HookMode==1 -> HOOK_LL | HOOK_COM
HookMode==2 -> HOOK_LL | HOOK_COM | HOOK_VIDPID | HOOK_DI
HookMode==3 -> HOOK_LL | HOOK_COM | HOOK_VIDPID | HOOK_DI | HOOK_NAME
HookMode> 3 -> HOOK_LL | HOOK_COM | HOOK_VIDPID | HOOK_DI | HOOK_NAME | HOOK_STOP

·
Registered
562 Posts
Seems "Mini Ninja's" check for "*xbox*" in pad name inside DirectInput enumeration callback, so it should work with HOOK_DI | HOOK_NAME.

EDIT: or not... I see that current HOOK_DI code is forcing VIDPID to Microsoft one, always... This need to be changed.
PS: Also VIDPID is incorrect name somekind, it should be PIDVID ...
PS2: Interesting: DirectInput device GUIDs have always last part "504944564944", if you write this bytes binary you get "PIDVID" in ANSI. Also Instance GUIDs have a "444553540000" this is "DEST" and null padding.

·
Registered
562 Posts
[HAWX2.exe]
HookMask=0x0000000E

[HAWX2_DX11.exe]
HookMask=0x0000000E

I do not know HAWX 1 exe names but mask should be same as above.

·
Registered
562 Posts
v.2.1.2.191 vs v.2.1.2.190 does not change anything, YOU MUST use library r6xx to make such reports not r444/r584 !!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
It's because that FFB driver is ... trash, dot use it, it will crash every app/game with DirectInput FFB support.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts