Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one of these cards for free a while back and it actually works pretty good. Thing is, for some reason it never scanned channels properly. I have the T model which is NTSC with no FM radio support. I have the latest driver installed (Oct 3, 2001).

The problem is that every time I scan for channels, there are multiple duplicate channels created depending on the channel. In my previous system, the channels scanned properly but the channel numbers were off by one because they started at channel one. Right now I have four channel 5s and three channel 6s etc. A lot of channels are out of place as well.

Has anyone had a similar problem with this card?

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
Ok Whilst I don't have this card I'll make a stab at it anyways. On my Hauppauge TV card (pal BTW) It is not unusual for channels to be left out or extra one to be added. This is because it will only add channels with a strong enough signal. Hence sometimes it will leave out certain channels with poor reception and add the same channel if it is broadcast on multiple frequencies (eg in my case I pick up BBC 1 from both the Irish and Scottish transmitters).

Most TV programs have the ability to reorder the channels and for a manual scan. Have a look in the settings for these.

BTW this only applies to Analogue TV. Digital TV does not suffer from these problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.