13,052 Posts
If you get this error when you try running ePSXe 1.7.0

25-02-2009 : updated download link

-> Download ZLIB from HERE

Alternate - http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?zlib1

Usage notes:
==========
just extract ZLIB1.DLL into the same folder as EPSXE.EXE

(ZLIB1.DLL could alternatively be copied to the SYSTEM or the SYSTEM32 folders, should work the same)

·
Super Moderator
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So does anyone know why this helps the emulator work? and why wasn't it included with epsxe downloads pack.
forgotten or overseen, since the zlib licence is extremely superliberal (doesnt even need to be mentioned in credits).
savestates require zlib.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Am I the only one that still has an error ?
I put the Zlib1.dll file in the same folder as the epsxe file but now i get another error.
It says that the zlib1.dll file is not a valid copy of windows and i should check the disk or something...

Any ideas here ?

thanks in avance

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Your download was corrupted. Either by a broken download, or by something that's affecting dll files in your computer... like a virus.

Delete the current file you have and try downloading the file again.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
you can try putting a copy of the file into your system32 directory as well and see how it reacts. this usually is not needed since having any required .dll file put in epsxe's directory works just fine but i suppose you could give it a shot and see if there is any differenc

·
Registered
4 Posts
hmmm i put the zlib1 file in my system32 directory aswell and it looks like it's working :)

Thanks alot for your reply and help Jonc2006 and krossX

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
then try putting it in your main epsxe directory. and you have extracted the .dll file from the compressed folder it came in right?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
where did you get the file from? have you tried downloading it again or from a different source?

·
.:Enigmatic Protagonist:.
2,283 Posts
puting the sys files into the root directory of the emu pr the OS's system will work as it supposed, however there are other programs (old) which needs really that the required sys files to be located into the OS's system folder, so you don't have to worry about that with the current(newest) releases.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.