Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please tell me how to set up a controller for Tekken 3 in ZincFE 2.03? :)

The game runs fine but I cant get any controller setup to work for that game.

I can set controllers up for SFEX2 Plus and Toshiden fine. :)

Alternatively If you could tell me how to change the default controller settings for Zinc 1.1 that would help.

All help gretly appreciated :)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
hmmm... go to options -> controller setup, and asign buttons, for beggining try the hod rod, keyboard setups, to know which button is responsible for various inputs. Than customize them :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KanedA said:
hmmm... go to options -> controller setup, and asign buttons, for beggining try the hod rod, keyboard setups, to know which button is responsible for various inputs. Than customize them :)
I did do that :) It worked for my other games but not this one for some reason oO

At the moment whenever I open Tekken 3 with Zincfe the game runs fine but no key from my controller setup works. oO
Using Zinc 1.1 I can use the default controller keys but can't change them.

I wonder if its a general prob with NAMCO system 11 games like the Tekken series?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Sonic 4ever said:
I did do that :) It worked for my other games but not this one for some reason oO

At the moment whenever I open Tekken 3 with Zincfe the game runs fine but no key from my controller setup works. oO
Using Zinc 1.1 I can use the default controller keys but can't change them.

I wonder if its a general prob with NAMCO system 11 games like the Tekken series?
AFAIK I had no such problem with system 11... and also was playing tekken 3 on zinc.. with my own keys... but hmmm... what frontend I was using... can't remember now, try other frontend or manually edit Zincs config... that's what I can tell you for now

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found out what was wrong. :)

My controller plugin controller.znc was not compatible with Tekken 3 (I'm not sure about Tekken 2 yet) :(

I found another plugin but that only allowed me to customise the direction keys.

I guess I have to keep looking for one that works

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yay !!!! :D I finally got it right !
Thanks KanedA and Acepower for replying :thumb:

I found out that Tekken 3 does not use buttons 9 -13 like the emu sets up but buttons 1-5.

So I set it up with the second plugin mentioned previously now it works fine :) :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry I'm using zinc 1.1 /w Zinc GUI, and the game tekken 3 and fighting layer are working but NO controls work no matter what I do :( I dont have this problem with anything else, how do I get it to work? The direction keys work, but no punches or hits :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is a bug in ZiNcGUI...
You must edit the tekken3.cfg file by hand,(take advice from the other working cfgs) and then mark it as read only.
The previous post about the buttons 1-5 can also be helpful if I remember correct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts