Next Generation Emulation banner
421 - 440 of 548 Posts

·
HardWareMan
379 Posts
paladin
Zabey na etih dodikov :)
Go to Tools-Options-Projects and solutions-VC++ Directories
Choose "show directories for" include files, press new line and set the path to the includes folder in from DX SDK (actually you don't need OpenGl SDK and it didn't contan DX SDK files so you have to download it too).
Then do the same with libs

·
Registered
5 Posts
AFAIK ZeroGS use GPU not CPU to render the PS2's image. But ZeroGS use native PS2 resolution. 512 x 400 something. As I know, the graphic card will not do the hard work in very small resolution. CPU did the hard work.

I think it's a good idea if ZeroGS have changeable internal resolution like GSdx, so that CPU will only process sound and game logic, not the graphic.

In my opinion, ZeroGS is faster at game that use pixel shader extensively, like Final Fantasy X-2 battle screen or when change dressphere. Something that GSDX can't do. It will be good if GPU taken all of the rendering process, let the CPU free to process game logic and sound.

To make things work, internal resolution should be increased to bigger resolution, like 1024x768 or something.

I hope i'm not wrong about the ZeroGS process logic.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
you kind are. just because its low resolution, doesnt mean that all the work is offloaded onto the cpu, its just less work for the gpu.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hm... in PC Gaming, resolution under 640x480 is untouchable by GPU. CPU mostly do the work. I dont know if ZeroGS could force the GPU to work at very small resolution.

In PCGaming, we know phrases like CPU-GPU bound.
CPU take all the rendering except pixelshader if the resolution is too low.

·
HardWareMan
379 Posts
unwinged
1) ZeroGS changes rendering resolution. It's AA isn't actualy AA, it jast increases rendering resolution 2, 4, 8 or 16 times up.
2) Changing the resolution doesn't mean that CPU will do the GPU work. You're wrong ;) Even in 640x480 GPu stil renderes all it's stuff, but most time it's iddle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
oh, ic..

i'm just done testing Final Fantasy X-2 @ zeroGS @ x16 AA, and i noticed that my graphic card HSF is buzzing like a bee. ZeroGS using my graphic card and let the cpu run only in 20% - 40%. I think it's great, since zeroGS could use GPU processing power.

I test gsdx too, using Final Fantasy X-2 at internal resolution 2880x1800, hoping for the GPU to take control the rendering, but nothing happened. I think gsdx is prefer using the cpu than the GPU.

So if I'm using [email protected], native resolution of PS2, cmiiw, is 512x446, so actually, when i turn on x16AA, zeroGS running 8192x7136 ? omg that's big.

thank for the explanation Dragonheart.by :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
sorry double post, the forum is hiccup :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
problems!

i get the error message every time i open PCSX2 reading:
GSsoftdx
Can't create gslog.txt
immediately followed by:
Pcsx2 Msg
Gsinit error: -1

I hunted through a couple hundred posts but couldn't find an answer to the problem...any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
using ZeroGS 0.97.0

i'm using ZeroGS 0.97.0 . I just recently started playing around with pcsx2 so i'm not current on which builds are current for most of the plugins. is 0.97.0 far out of date? also, i'm using Pcsx2 ver 0.9.4, the 64bit version.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sorted out

okay i sorted out my original issue...something about the root folder being in program files (86x) that it didn't like..but now i'm back to the issue i was trying to solve before that...very slow framerate in Final Fantasy XII...

system:
3gb G Skill ram
geforce 7600 GS
AMD Athalon 64bit X2 Dual Core 3800+.

It's not a great system, but i was thinking it'd run a bit better than 10-14fps while playing. Is ff XII known for slow frame rates or is it just my system?

·
The Pest
1,820 Posts
XII requires a much more powerful system than you have, sorry.

·
Registered
64 Posts
svn isn't supported!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
oh, ic..

i'm just done testing Final Fantasy X-2 @ zeroGS @ x16 AA, and i noticed that my graphic card HSF is buzzing like a bee. ZeroGS using my graphic card and let the cpu run only in 20% - 40%. I think it's great, since zeroGS could use GPU processing power.

I test gsdx too, using Final Fantasy X-2 at internal resolution 2880x1800, hoping for the GPU to take control the rendering, but nothing happened. I think gsdx is prefer using the cpu than the GPU.

So if I'm using [email protected], native resolution of PS2, cmiiw, is 512x446, so actually, when i turn on x16AA, zeroGS running 8192x7136 ? omg that's big.

thank for the explanation Dragonheart.by :D
Actually I think GSDX uses GPU extensively, because in my case I get SAME fps using Internal resolution or 2048x2048.
Only in super intense moments 2048x2048 drops by 5-10 fps MAX

And ZeroGS is much slower 4 me, I play Persona 3 FES now and I tested both plug-ins where I get 130fps in GSDX I get 40 in ZeroGS

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.
Great plugin you've created. I've tried Gsdx but this one is far more configurable. Thanks for that.

For a few days i'm trying to run DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on an acceptable level. I've tried a whole bunch of different configurations. With ZeroGs I have good result but there is a problem. When it comes to fight I get different artifacts on the screen, vertical stripes, snowy screen etc. Can you help me to get rid of this?

I am using: PCSX2 0.9.5
Configuration of the plugin is on the screenshot.

What I have:
Intel core 2 duo E6600 2,4Ghz (up to 2,6Ghz)
2 GB RAM
GeForce 8600M GT 512Mb
Windows Vista Home Professional SP1

http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zarogskosmos0971ae9.png
http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zerogsconfighw8.png

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
I have is ZeroGS 0.97.1 svn 367 and is it the latest version ? Or am I missing something?

421 - 440 of 548 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.