Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using rev 3317, but this kind of behavior has persisted at least from 3309
When playing Zelda TP wii version. My left and right Nunchuck controls seems to be reversed

I'm using a real Wiimote + nunchuck combo. It's weird 'cause up and down directions are correctly mapped, only left and right are reversed

Anyone having the same issue?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nor real, nor hack made any kind of difference. I disabled de EFB copy as a third option, but the left and right directions are still swapped.

now it worked O_O Thanks a lot Shuffle and Squall (your confirmation told me it was :roll eyes:: an user related issue xD )

·
aka BhaaL
221 Posts
I wonder if this is actually a problem due to the Wii Port of the game...
For the Wii, Nintendo simply mirrored the whole game as to make Link right-handed; it would have simply felt odd if players swung the WiiMote with the right hand, and Link used his sword with his left hand.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's not what he meant Dax. I've have the Gc and Wii versions of this game. And in the Gc version the map is somewhat similar to the ones in ZELDA OOT, but in the wii version it's mirrored as Jack frost pointed out. The EFB seems to be acting as a mirror layer, 'cause when i had the problems with the reversed controls the map was exactly as it was on the GC version. As a more solid proof you may have noticed when you open a door that the black borders (cinematic effect) gets replaced by a mirrored version of the action. I'll post a screenshot to make this more clear

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
on a game made from scratch, yes. But this is a port. A mirrored port and the nunchuck stick is mapped for the wii version only. if you don't believe me you could easily run a simple test on a household mirror.

Put the nunchuck/analog stick so it's parallel to the mirror then press right... On the reflection the specular image it's going to point in the opposite direcion, thus making a right movement into a left one

--Btw the reflection effect--

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.