Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On zelda OOT the magic bar isnt the right color it is black and i cant tell how much magic is left. Sometimes it flashes a dark pale green color. Very hard to beat game because i cant tell how much magic i have. My graphics card is a Diamond monster fusion. it is running under the Voodoo banshee drivers. (Magic Bar still had the same problem with the default driver). Can somone please help me?

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
That's strange. I played Zelda OoT and finished it without any problems using UltraHLE.

1)Does the problem happen with SupraHLE also?

2)Have you checked if you have a good dump of the game?(you can check using GoodN64)

3)Could you give us more info, like your specs, OS, etc?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The Graphics error is on both UltraHle and SupraHle
My Specs Are

PIII 450 mhz 128MG or RAM
Diamond Monster Fusion 16 MEG. (VOODOO BANSHEE DRIVERS)
(SAME AS VOODOO BANSHEE)

The Voodoo Banshee Graphics fix has also been applied

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Originally posted by Kna127
The Voodoo Banshee Graphics fix has also been applied
What Voodoo Banshee fix are you talking about? There's only a Voodoo 3-5 fix, AFAIK. Check if the rom is a good dump using GoodN64.

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Originally posted by samandhi
The Voodoo patch mentioned, is for both the 3 and the banshee, since they use the same drivers....
If I'm not mistaken, the Voodoo3 patch is for Voodoo3/4/5 only. I'm almost sure Voodoo Banshee users should not use it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes, you are correct there, the patch is for the 3/4/5. But it says in the doc that comes with it, that for users of Banshee, you can use it also as they (being the Voodoo 3 line) use the same drivers. I used it for a while being the proud owner of the Banshee hehe.
Im fairly sure this is not the problem, but not 100%, however I think I might have an idea, as I have had this same problem with my Gforce 2 card in PR64, AND 1964, also in Everquest. The first solution might be to turn off triple buffering, it sometimes cause some things to be seen "Not right". If that doesnt work do this (believe me it does help if not fix the problem you have ATM it will boost speed and compatibility). :

uninstall your vdo card, reinstalling the standard VGA >reboot.

install/reinstall whatever version of DirectX you are going to use >reboot

reinstall your vdo card drivers (make sure they are the newest/best)>reboot

reinstall sound card drivers (make sure they are the newest/best) >
reboot

your done. This MAY not solve your problem, but I promise this will help solve other issues that might have arisen down the road if not. You SHOULD do this everytime you install new vdo or sound drivers. I might get flamed for this whole reply, but believe me Im not the only one who says to do this, some other gaming/3d companys also say to do this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.