Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

I just downloaded PJ64 1.4 and wanted to play Zelda MM and OoT. I expected the games to run better than before thanks to the new version but then I was really surprised. In Majoras Mask there is a black border at the top of the screen when in "Targeting Mode" (z trigger) and in Cutscenes. Anyone know how to solve this problem?

In OoT the last heart is misplaced but I just read how to solve this prob and I'll try it out later. Secondly, after the intro the game crashes. After you got into your house and you try to leave it the game crashes, saying somethin about "no mapping" or so.

Also both games run slow, don't know why.

My system specs:

P3 900
Geforce 2 MX
256 MB RAM

Anyone who knows how to run both games perfectly? Which configuration do you use?

Thx

Edit: Tried to insert the pic but it didn't work, or? How can I add the jpg?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know exactly what you mean because the same happened to me. To fix the errors:

The no mapping error is because the drivers you are using. I believe/hope you are using a nvidia geforce based card. I read some post regarding that problem here in the forums, I just dont remember the exact driver version you need in order to run the game, but it fixes that.

The other problem is solved by downloading the new rom database file for PF64 released the 25'th of december.

Hope this helps in some sort of way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
a little

I use the nvidia driver version 23.11, not really old now. If anyone knows what driver to use please tell me.

I forgot telling you that I use WIN ME, if that matters in any way. And yep, I owned the game and much other n64 games like zelda mm, banjo kazooie and so on. But I sold my whole n64 stuff to buy a dreamcast. (don't wanna know if that was good or bad ...) And I never had such big black borders. Only small pal borders at the top and the bottom in videos and not in the targeting mode.

I don't know what you are talking about, Pf64 database??? Never heard of it. Please tell me more about this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.