Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried all types of save files, with 64 or 128K but the game "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA MINISH CAP" does not save, and I can't start the game.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hmm.. its (the save type) supposed to be on automatic (or eeprom). what version of VBA do you have? perhaps it's just a corrupted rom.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
here works fine...

·
Registered
144 Posts
There is some sort of problem with Minish Cap saves in VBA. I own an EZFA cart which is compatible with the .sav files used by VBA. If I backup my save to my harddrive and attempt to run it in VBA, all save data is erased. The 64 KB file also drops down to 8 KB, so that's something you may want to check for, alucard_br.

On the other hand, if I backup the save and never touch it with VBA, I'm still able to restore it to my cart just fine. It's only when VBA is involved that the save data is erased.

I think Mario Pinball Land works the same way, though I haven't run tests to confirm it's the same exact thing.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
The .sav reducing from 64k to 8k means your game in the cart. is eeprom patched while the version VBA is running is not. That would explain why it doesn't work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts