Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ys is actually a series that was originally on a very unpopular console way back in the 90's. Ys is actually my first role playing game, which is why I remember it so well. Of course after a while this game has had a few squels and after the Turbo Duo & Sega went outta market, that is when the company moved on to the popular consoles.

This Ys game I am talking about is the 6th game in the series and the original was called "ancient YS vanished".

Ys 6: ark of napishtim is a game for PS2 and PC?? I know I heard about the existence of the PC version but has it been translated into english and imported to the states yet?? Or is the PC version Japanese only?? Unfortunatley I DON'T have a playstation 2 but I DO have a good PC with loads of RAM and a very good video card. So I want take advantage of my computer's power which is why I want to play this game on PC.

So do you guys know of a PC version in english?? Does it exist at all??

Do you like this game?? Music? gameplay? I know this is a very RARE title but I know the gameplay has been changed dramatically so those who have played it before would find this quite different. Good or Bad??

Also I want to get a break from all these FF clones and move on RPGs like Seiken Densetsu and Tales of Phantasia.

Your share knowledge, experience and opinion of this game would be greatly appreciated. And I know that if I have to import this game, it is gonna be really expensive due to its rarity so that is why I ask of your opinion.
thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
It won't be out on PS2 till February 8th 2005, and the PC version hasn't had an announced release date yet. ;)

It will also be released for the PSP :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
The PC version has been released only in Japan. It has been fully translated to Korean, probably doesn't help you but it does mean that there are people that know how to hack the game, they just need someone to translate to english now. For the latest info on the Ys VI translation project check here.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
The translation available for the PC is for YS Eternal... YS I is 100% translated and I think YS II is around 70%... YS VI looks promising but I doubt we will see it outside of Jap, those games are not very popular amongst msot PC users...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah it's a pretty good game even though it's short. I have played the PC version and it's like Braver Fencer Musashi meets Zelda. The graphics are average but the attention to detail is not bad. I can't say how the gameplay is compared to the other Y's since I've never played them. The battles are a lot like Brave Fencer. The equipment system in the game is alot like in Zelda, where you get sets of unique swords, shields, armor and other accessories. You get 3 swords each with its own unique elemental properties and special attacks. In order to get stronger you either collect these gems that monsters drop to upgrade your swords or simply level up.

The game is short though as it can be beaten in around 10 hours I think. And there is no replay value. I say wait for the game to come here.

I actually have only one screenshot from the game... lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts