Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to upload HD vidoes to Youtube? I'm having a really hard time getting my vids to show up in HD. I record off my xbox in 720i and use Premiere Pro CS4 to edit my movies. I've tried encoding the files in FLV HQ but all I get is the 'watch in high quality' button to show up. I've also been experimenting with the H.264 codec but go even worse results than before.

What's the best way to get HD to work? Should I save the movie in H.264 first, then convert it in another program?

I'm at a loss :(

·
Registered
261 Posts
Are you recording them at 720i or 720p? Because YouTube's HD feature is reliant on 720p (1280x720 resolution). That's probably why it's only showing up as HQ. Also, I think the VIDEO bitrate MUST be higher than 1024kbps. I'm uploading 720p videos for an Oblivion walkthrough and aren't having any problems. You may also want to try encoding with DivX rather than h.264, from personal experience. The audio bit-rate may have an influence over it as well. So I'm encoding the audio at 256kbps (CBR) in mono with a 48k sample rate, cuz I don't have a stereo-array microphone. The video and audio settings keeps the size of the video below 200MB.

This is what I have DivX 6.8 setup as:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts