Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Emu Author
616 Posts
it depends on the application i am designing, but the main thing is that i do it like an ini file even though 99% of the time i do not work with straight ini files lol.

but when my app boots up i load the settings from where ever the file i am working with is saved and i apply the changes to my controls.

· Emu Author
616 Posts
c# i believe does have some form of templates or something extremely close to it. i am unsure of macros and for me macros are not really needed since they are just about like functions in a way and i never used macros in any c/c++ code i ever wrote though i do know what they are and how to use them if i did need them(i got that from reading a nice and very detailed book on stuff like that before, nice reading). but yea c# is nice when given a chance to be worked with well. i never got to far into learning vb, the book i used to learn it turned me away since when i tried to make a notepad like app going by the instructions by the letter, it did not work at all like the book claimed which turned me away to another language which ironically i think was c/c++ lol.

· Emu Author
616 Posts
like i said i understand the usefulness of macros, i read a giant amount of info on them and i know c# has nothing as powerful as macros, i never intended to bash them in anyway :D.

as i told @ruantec earlier, i like using c# right now for the emus i am doing but if a time comes that i feel c# just wont do the job the way i need, i will attempt to modify and pull in as much c++ code to use in my c# code as i can but if i really need to i will without a doubt switch back to c++, both languages(well all 3 if you do not count c and c++ as about the same in a sense) are great languages, both have pros and cons. but i will use c++ where i need it without hesitation as i do realize how nice c/c++ can be as i started out on c/c++ and it can be nice, my only main issue is that working with window creation and directx is a royal pain and is one reason why i switched to c# when i started learning it.

i do know c++ macros can selectively do a lot of things just like normal functions can and at the same time cut down on a lot of code as well where as to achieve the same functionality just is not as readily possible with standard functions which is what makes macros so powerful but yes they can cause other issues in terms of readability too. but i suppose thats why you should use proper naming and comments for those cases too i guess.

· Emu Author
616 Posts
how much do you know of win32 window creation? my main thing was i could almost never get my code to create addition windows right, i could make them but when i closed one it closed everything down, i fixed it once but i broke it and never got it working again :/. than again with everything i learned from c#, if i went back now and tried, i most likely could get it easily lol. learning c# helped me learn aspects of coding that i found rather difficult in c++ and was able to learn those a lot easier, i wonder if i could code much more efficiently in c++ now lol.

· Emu Author
616 Posts
a long time ago i actually created my own dx controls, over 2500 lines of code but i never learned how to effectively use it so i just sat it to the side when i just started giving up on win32 stuff. i even converted it into a compiled dll file but i never could make it work right or maybe i did, i can not remember as it has been so long ago now. maybe i can go back and try to figure all that out again soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.