Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm aware this has been done, probably more than once, but I'm not sure if staff would rather me reply to the year old one, or start a new one (it can always be merged in case of the former).

What was your first post on these forums? Alot of people are from times long ago, the boards before this one, or other accounts, so if you remember it, what was it?

To find out what it was of your current account, go to search and do an advanced search. From there, do a search on your own user name, and change the order from descending to ascending (since it only returns 500 results, so if you have more than 500 posts and leave it to descending, it won't return your oldest post). Quote it, or link to it, or describe it, or whatever.

Here's mine (beware the Blueviolet text before you click that!).

http://forums.ngemu.com/generic-epsxe-queries/57345-plz-help-me-its-about-config.html#post806360

Ah, yes, the days of being new.

I had just found out I could play my Playstation games on my PC, and was having my troubles getting it all working.

That thread brings it all back.

The days of when I was learning the differences of the GeForce 4 MX and the GeForce 4 Ti (OpenGL 2 on a GeForce 4MX!), and look, it still had the Celeron before I put the Pentium III in it. I actually remembered asking my parents to try it on their computer too. Good stuff.

As for the hard to see colored text, it looks atrocious on this background, but back then, I believe the darker color that's now on the left where the avatar is was where the post was, and the color used for the post field was where the avatar was (in other words, it was reverse back then), so it wasn't as bad back then. Still probably should have used no color though.

I also didn't realize you weren't able to download the console's BIOS if you owned the system (I knew you couldn't just download it if you didn't have it though), so that got me in trouble too. That post doesn't show in the results, so I assume it was moved to some staff only area, so that wasn't my first ever post, but probably like my fourth or so.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,484 Posts
I'm aware this has been done, probably more than once, but I'm not sure if staff would rather me reply to the year old one, or start a new one (it can always be merged in case of the former).
Tons of times indeed. But it's a legitimate thread nevertheless.

Here it is. Proto's mighty first post. An emulation problem with Legend of The dragon running on AdriPSX. Man I had to replay the first disc of that game like 4 times because I couldn't find a damn emulator which could handle change disk properly... then I discovered the magic of making an ISO of your disk :heh:

Commenting on my first post: 2002, I was just entering college back then. I still had some usage of l33t speak left from my high school chat days, but it seems my love for long winded explanations was already there. :p

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,484 Posts
WHAT? is there version of RE2 on that fail console?..but HOW?..RE games needs Size, Of course Cd's.
Let's be sensible and not bring comments that can spark a console war when it is not due. There are some people fond of this 'fail console' as you call it, including truly yours.

Yes, there is a Nintendo 64 version

A Nintendo 64 version was also released in 1999, ported by Angel Studios (currently Rockstar San Diego). While it was the only port of the game that did not feature the Extreme Battle mode, it did contain some console-exclusive features. The most prominent was a series of additional in-game documents known as the "EX Files" that connected the plot of the game with the other games in the series (including the then-unreleased Resident Evil Zero). Other features include an item randomizer, violence control, first-person controls and new unlockable outfits replacing the ones from the previous versions. A Hunter from the first Resident Evil is also given a cameo appearance. The game supported the Rumble Pak and Expansion Pak. The N64 version is notable due to the compression techniques that the developers were forced to use in order to fit two CD-ROMs worth of data onto a single 64MB cartridge. It also featured, for the time, a high resolution display of 640x480 compared to the PS1 version's 320x240. The game changes the resolution at each camera cut based on the number of enemies in the room. Many enemies take more processing power, so the game chooses lower resolutions. When all the enemies are defeated, it runs again at 640x480. The N64 version also features surround sound, not found on the PS1 version, using the Mosys system from Factor 5.

·
!
9,570 Posts
Let's be sensible and not bring comments that can spark a console war when it is not due. There are some people fond of this 'fail console' as you call it, including truly yours.

Yes, there is a Nintendo 64 version
I didn't mean it "Flaming".

The N64 version is notable due to the compression techniques that the developers were forced to use in order to fit two CD-ROMs worth of data onto a single 64MB cartridge. It also featured, for the time, a high resolution display of 640x480 compared to the PS1 version's 320x240. The game changes the resolution at each camera cut based on the number of enemies in the room. Many enemies take more processing power, so the game chooses lower resolutions. When all the enemies are defeated, it runs again at 640x480. The N64 version also features surround sound, not found on the PS1 version, using the Mosys system from Factor 5.
Interesting though, really!. Still Fail Console IMO, Last Amazing Console from Nintendo was Super Nintendo.

PS; Sorry for for going off the god damnit topic.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.