Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 18 Posts

· ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts

· ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
doesn't he get tax benefits for doing that? i don't think its so simple as just being mr nice guy
Thats true to, though there where more charity's done than needed if it was just for the tax benefits he could have done much lesser though he done way to much for just tax benefits.

You really are an enthusiastic advocate of M$'s corporate policies aren't you?
i dont know how things are in Spy case but in mine i dont like unfair accusations :p

· ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
Except for :"Charging 200 bucks for CD with bloatware on it isn't very encouraging to the customer to say the least...." which is right from many points of view it does seems there charging much more then it would seems fair/right on there product, but (and here is where we go on our separate ways):
1. its there product if they want they can charge 1 billion its there right, not you nor me have the right to set the price for either microsoft's or anyone else's product.
2. which is very related to 1 they dont force you to buy it, you dont need microsoft to survive, you can use a PC just fine without Microsoft's products (except gaming but there are consoles out there and you can play a few games on linux to some extent).

· ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
Not all updates are helpful some are quite a bloat it depends on internet conection, system config, but i wouldnt go as far to say that all are useless, some are useful i for one carefully select which updates to apply which not.

· ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
I use (when i use if i usually got a problem reinstall is my solution :lol:) software like Acronis or Norton Ghost, though i do leave the service (system restore) there when i'm installing windows for other people since i never know what it might come through there heads :lol:.

Also i forgot to mention that there are a bunch of viruses now that penetrate also system restore.

· ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
Btw when i say internet connection i mean that some isp's exploit a bug in Windows and you get a win32 generic host error, which pretty much f... up windows (dont know probably something with the signal oO) you need to update to get rid of it.

· ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
Well, I prefer to buy my Windows copy, get all the updates, so that I can run my PC with a free anti virus like Avira without risk. That's much cheaper than their expensive annual fees too ;)

Kapersky was the worst system hog since MCAfee btw, needed to turn it off before gaming, otherwise I'd have severe stuttering in Unreal Engine 3 games.
MCAfee we agree, Kaspersky we dont :p i never turned kaspersky down and it doesnt affect my speed in gaming at all even with MMO's like Lineage (and when opening multiple client instances).

Btw Security Updates are useful for more than protection those should be installed.

· ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
Yeah, you're right there Spyhop, at least they're not offering their stuff, or asking help with it or asking for places where to download it. On the other hand, a little less of the warez bragging would be appreciated, consider that a friendly warning :)

Anyway, I remember using a trial of Kapersky, and it made Mass Effect run like arse, choppy as hell, just like any other UE3 game I think. I wasn't too happy with it from that aspect, with Avira, which is free anyway, and therefore worthy of my support, I never had such problems. Maybe it's just a general incompatibility with my system, or because I was using an old version. Right now Avira has kept me happy and warned me a few times, I'll stick with it.
Well depends if it was Kaspersky 6 its pretty much possible since that was fail, i used nod32/avast back then, still from what i know avira is pretty good so this isnt really something that needs debating :lol:.

PS: i still hate norton even gamer edition

1 - 17 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.