Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do u think will happend in the next 3 decades.can be any things from life, pc world, tech or even ngemu in the next 30 years.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
well well
world:gets highly polluted none of treaties work out.....we are forced to design plans to move our species to outer space cities/colonies on mars and moon
transport:flying car<hopefully the cleaner ones>
pc:at the pace its going right now......its hard to guess wat would happen in 30 years
ngemu: i would be here as long as ngemu is afloat and hopefully after 30 years i would revive this thread
internet:net 5.0.......1pb speeds......more pron.....

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
General: Death, destruction, mayhem, lawlessness, mass killings, major conflicts, World War VI, global warming, disappearance of the polar ice caps and Himalayan glaciers, large hurricanes, over-population, famine, run away pollution.

Hmm.....not very optimistic am I? :p

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
World: People realise global warming was ridiculously exxagerated... but will like the new green-ness. Advances in electrical engineering lead to petrol cars being a thing only for die-hards and speed junkies. The middle-east advances slightly, and advance to the western state of mind circa 1900s. Nukes are a thing of the past, H-Bombs are the in thing. China rises to power.

Tech: 1s boot times are a standard. Touch screens take over the world, but keyboards and mice are still in use. Mac reach a 30% market share in the OS world, with Windows having 50%, and some other new comer based on Linux with the rest. Robots develop emotions... with racism dying and anti-cyborgness being all the rage. People realize that smaller isn't always better... big things are back in.

Me: Meh...

·
I has got Anatidaephobia
1,345 Posts
I think I will survive for the next 30years :p but seriously I need a faster internet connection and I hope they develop teleportation.

·
I has got Anatidaephobia
1,345 Posts
F that! India and China will become the biggest economy

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Chinese and Indian economies will sadly suffer something of a collapse or major ressession once their immense population and dwindling resources run out. The already expanding chinese deserts to the west will spread much farther to the east because of deforestation.

Erosion of the middleclass world wide.

Erosion of our civil liberties.

An extreme class based system similar to what was seen in india in the past with the Brahmans and untouchables emerging in western countries.

Decline of the Desktop PC hardware sector. As people have less and less reason or need to buy a faster computer.

More wars more division in the world.

Resurrection of a soviet style empire in Russia, that sends dissidents to the gulag.

·
I has got Anatidaephobia
1,345 Posts
An extreme class based system similar to what is seen in india with the Brahmans and untouchables emerging in western countries.
there is nothing like untouchables in India. It was all in the past. Brahmans have only restriction over food but most modern Brahmans don't follow that.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
there is nothing like untouchables in India. It was all in the past. Brahmans have only restriction over food but most modern Brahmans don't follow that.
oh sorry 'was'.

·
Registered
109 Posts
From Global Crisis to "Global Government"

The United States’ National Intelligence Council has released a report, entitled "Global Trends 2025: A Transformed World". This declassified document is the fourth report of the Global Trends 2025: The National Intelligence Council’s 2025 Project,
The report outlines the paths that current geopolitical and economic trends may reach by the year 2025, in order to guide strategic thinking over the next few decades. The National Intelligence Council describes itself as the US Intelligence Community’s “center for midterm and long-term strategic thinking,” with the tasks of supporting the Director of National Intelligence, reaching out to non-governmental experts in academia and the private sector and it leads in the effort of providing National Intelligence Estimates.

Basically what everyone believes will happen, the world will become multipolar. First time in history that we have reached this level of achievement....though there will obviously be a new breed of freedom fighters and terrorism as protectionists fear erosion of soverignty and that will not die at all untill a global dictatorship has completely eradicated these groups.

Global Warming and this bush administration and Obama for will be a sham in the books of our history with the premise of failed promises and erosion of what America used to be... and history will have a hard time being written definitively with the uprising of Alternative and Citizen journalism and duality of consolidated manipulated wealth, information and power.

Technology will still thrive and at this point i can see augmentations of the human being with the catalyst of machines. I don't want to download stuff to my brain=[

I will subject myself to machines, not be subjected to machines. How will the Amish survive the future? Lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts