Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering who actually cares about having a high post count and who doesn't. Does a high post count make you feel superior? I don't think it really matters too much. And I wouldn't judge anyone based on their post count. Although I always keep track of my post count, I don't really try hard to get it high. Although this is my favorite forum so I'm posting all the time having a good time here.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Post count doesn't matter, quality posting does.

·
band
4,912 Posts
i remember there was a time when a bunch of admins set their post count to 0 to prove that it doesnt matter :p

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
blueshogun96 said:
I was just wondering who actually cares about having a high post count and who doesn't.
I don't care, at all.

blueshogun96 said:
Does a high post count make you feel superior?
Nope. If anything, it makes me feel inferior because it shows how much time I waste at online forums. :p

blueshogun96 said:
And I wouldn't judge anyone based on their post count.
Yup, I agree that judging by post count's isn't a bright idea.
/me looks at how many 1000+ posters I have in my ever-growing Ignore List

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I couldn't care less about post count.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,357 Posts
Post count is only a number...doesn't mean anything unless you want to inflate your online ego or something.

Yours,
-Elly

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I used to think it mattered. But after I reacher about 1000, I stopped caring. I mean, once I get to 20 000 I migt make a post about it :p But it's nothing that i'm gonna pee my pants over :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I don't think this thread is useless ... :/

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NightWing said:
nah it doesn't matter and is useless .. same with this thread.
can you... name a thread that was... "useful" ?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
Post count is just a number... number and quality don't matter... it's all about enjoying your stay.
It also helps if others enjoy your stay too. :p

·
Registered
496 Posts
Not to me. If it did, I would have complained that my last account stopped working instead of just creating a new one. :p
- Modem

·
Registered
1 Posts
not to me!

I think quality of the posts should be more important than post count but I do know people that just can't resist posting just to see their count go up.

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,224 Posts
blueshogun96 said:
can you... name a thread that was... "useful" ?
Well first I must say the usefulness of a thread is based on personal preference and opinion.

For me a useful thread is anything that is ..

- Entertaining
- Interesting
- Informative

For me this thread doesn't fall under any of those that I listed. This thread can be seen as the same thing that others have brought up in this thread. Post quality is greater then post quantity and the same could be said about thread topics. I find it better to create quality threads rather then just posting threads to make new threads no matter what they are about to fill a void.

To me this thread serves no purpose and is most likely something that has been posted countless times. By now it is common sense that post count means nothing and this thread doesn't bring anything new to the concept of the thread.

Why did I even post if it was a useless thread? Basically to post my view in hopes that other threads like it would not be created in the future.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts