Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well mine are:

I just finished playing FF VIII and IX and then after finishing the gam ei findout that i missed out the oppertunity on receving the GF Dommsday :( What FF IX concerns i found out that i missed the ultimate weapon in the whole game! :(

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Well mine are:

I just finished playing FF VIII and IX and then after finishing the gam ei findout that i missed out the oppertunity on receving the GF Dommsday :( What FF IX concerns i found out that i missed the ultimate weapon in the whole game! :(
Well... to get THE ultimate weapon in FFIX you have to finish the game in 20 hours which means that you have to skip a lot of stuff and rush the game through and I just don't think that sword for steiner is worth it... But I guess you don't mean that weapon!:D

In my case my biggest f**kup would be accidentally overwriting my lvl +150 character in Star Ocean 2 with a new character... That sucked!:mad:

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
DooM3
In the second last stage I realize that I need the most powerful gun BFG, which I missed in the previous stage where the Hell Knights appear for the first time.
I was stuck on that stage with a rocket launcher and other useless guns which had no effect on the boss monster of that stage.
I had to cheat my way through to get the BFG gun cause I was too scared to go back to the previous stage.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Starting a New Game in Test Drive Unlimited by accident, after having been bugged by their online ban because I modified a file or two. They could've just told me that it was THAT which was the problem.... No, instead they just gray out my profile... I love Atari games -_-

Another great hiccup was my 40 hour character of Oblivion being lost due to a partition on my harddrive simply disappearing, taking the game with it. Joy -_-

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Most shumps i play.

beating the last boss, and just at the end when the boss is dead, i get killed by the remaining bullets on screen.

And to make matters worse. im usually on my last continue at that point, and then i have to beat the whole damn thing again.

also on ff8, cheating, then saving over my file right at the last boss. Which may not sound like a cock up. but judging by the fact it reset all my characters level's back to one, yes cheat backfire,i was rather fecked off.

Thank god, there was an item that made a character invincible for a few rounds' and a item that casted ultima.

Valkyre profile.

getting to the seccond last boss on the good ending, then finding out i cant do enougth damnage to him because he heals himself DAMNIT. So yeh that called for another playthough.

baldur's gate 2 TOB

Getting to the last boss, then out of some sheer stupidity on my part, deciding it would be fun to patch the game, and apply some mods, needless to say.... the save didnt work, and another playthough was required.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Accidentally wiping out my Final Fantasy VII save 1/3 of the way through the game!

·
soshin
2,595 Posts
Playing xenogears in my junior high, while overwriting a save file, and the process bar wasn't fully filled, the electricity went "spoof" because my mother turned on the AC. And I was reaching the part where I met Billy. Argh!!!

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
a few months ago i tried to do a 10-star run through silent hill 3, i ended up with a 9.9 (9 big stars and 9 little stars) due to taking too long to finish off one of the bosses.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Putting a few points into the wrong skill tree early on in Diablo 2 and regretting it later on down the track.
ha your not the only one who did that, i really shouldnt have maxed out double swing that time.

·
ravin' and emulatin'
18 Posts
Me and my housemate were both playing through FFX at the same time using the same memcard - one day I wasn't concentrating and accidentally saved over his file. He was at the endgame. :cry:

I felt so bad.

Also, the day I bought Persona 4 my PS2 was acting weird, so I smacked it. A little bit. With the brand new Persona 4 disc inside. Which then got scratched and wouldn't play. :mad: Thank Jebus I make backups of my games as soon as I get them now.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
ha your not the only one who did that, i really shouldnt have maxed out double swing that time.
Single Player + Character Editor. That's how I stopped many characters from becoming useless after the multitude of patches (synergies especially).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.