Next Generation Emulation banner

Your opinion on a few programs

2K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  WindHydra 
#1 ·
I need your opinion on a few programs

Which one is better as a BT client in terms of speed and resource usage Azeurus or bitlord?

Is Skype a good voice chat program?

#3 · (Edited)
Player-X said:
I need your opinion on a few programs

Which one is better as a BT client in terms of speed and resource usage Azeurus or bitlord?

Is Skype a good voice chat program?
Don't use Bitlord. It is a rip-off of a beta version of Bitcomet with changed icons. I hate these *******s who claim others hardwork as their own, and not giving any credit to the real author at all, there is no reference of Bitcomet in their site. So if you are going for Bitlord, use Bitcomet instead, although its latest build has the "torrent search" function left out.

No comment on the other two softwares you mentioned, since I have not touched them.

EDIT: I have been using Bitcomet, loving it too. ;)

#5 ·
I love ABC.. could never get the hang of anything else, besides TorrentStorm which is also a great alternative.

#8 ·
There are MUCH better ways to get stuff then torrents, someday you will all find them. Funny thing is, it's been around forever. I never have, and more then likely never will have a use for torrents. Thats just me though.

As for voice chat, Ventrilo is my personal fave.

#16 ·
Azureus is a resource eating whore, but I like it. Bit tornado isn't much better if you have many torrents going, but they both work great for me. I have tried about 3 others and the rest just don't wanna do good speeds.

So Bit Tornado and Azureus. You pick :)

#18 ·
Razor Blade said:
Azureus is a resource eating whore
That's the reason why I never even tried Azureus but chose ABC instead, which works fine for me :)

I tried Skype on my own computer, but it doesn't run well since it's below minimum requirements :( And I don't feel like installing and making phonecalls in the living room. But I heard it works great :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.