• Work work work

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How would you rate your life so far? Mine is s0o0o0o0o0o0o0 boring. Not enough excitement. But hey, it's the life of a *single* game designer. The women only like our money, not us :( (The money we plan to make)

EDIT: if this thread needs to be locked, do it now

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
So what's stopping you from doing something about the boring things in your life?
You might be a game designer but that doesn't make you a nerd per definition. Get of yer lazy arse and get some excitement! :D

B

·
0 Posts
Busy as hell - I'm standing up, drive my gf to school, go to work, drive from one company to the next, drive home, help my gf with school stuff, prepare my stuff for the next day (of work) and go to bed again. And that roughly 14 hours a day, 6 days a week.

And on sunday, I relax all day *joice*

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
I think that's a dumb statement that women only like your money. There are plenty of women out there who don't give a crap if you have a lot of money or not.

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cid Highwind said:
So what's stopping you from doing something about the boring things in your life?
You might be a game designer but that doesn't make you a nerd per definition. Get of yer lazy arse and get some excitement! :D
I can't. My situation is BAD :mad: I'll give you eleven reasons

1. I live with depressing people
2. I live in a depressing town
3. There is nothing to get excited about
4. I have no friends (well, VERY few)
5. I live with my mom because I can't get a job (actually, I think I just got hired today)
6. I'm hopless
7. I can't even get a good book to read.
8. I have not control over my life
9. It's difficult to find those who understand my situation
10. I can't even get a friggin car around here so I can actually find something to do out of town like Chigago
11. NO ONE want's to be my friend :mad:

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Well to answer the question about my own life:

Mine is okay, I shouldn't complain cause it could've been much worse. I've had some rough times the last couple of years but I'm recovering from it gradually :)
I've also had some great moments last couple of years, too bad things didn't work out between my gf and I so that ended in May of this year and since August I don't have almost any contact with her at all. Though that's her loss, not mine since I can get better girls, but she admits that there will be no one like me, ever :evil: (perhaps I should update the love thread about my life again :p)

Other than that things at school are going fine as well. I got a nice room with nice stuff in it: TV, PC, nice radio :D, DC ;) Got nice friends, some angels of female friends who are always there for me.

Come to think of it: I'm a feakin' lucky *******.... Now all I want is a nice gf :emb:

blueshogun96 said:

5. I live with my mom because I can't get a job (actually, I think I just got hired today)
6. I'm hopless
10. I can't even get a friggin car around here so I can actually find something to do out of town like Chigago
Okay, provided that I'm no social worker:

1/4/11 Try to get to know some new people who DO want to be your friend, also seek for some reasons why you can't find ppl who want to be your friend: Are you looking in the wrong place? Are there things about you that scares new ppl away?

It's hard having no stable income, but if you can find that, things might get better since you can have some fun with the money.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Dandy, about everything in my life is good aside from my family sometimes, but they are around a lot so its not perfect but "cool"

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
DarkAurora said:
I think that's a dumb statement that women only like your money. There are plenty of women out there who don't give a crap if you have a lot of money or not.
Sorry, I just can't find any and I've been from coast to coast. Now maybe I have to go to denmark or conneticut.

Well to answer the question about my own life:

Mine is okay, I shouldn't complain cause it could've been much worse. I've had some rough times the last couple of years but I'm recovering from it gradually
I've also had some great moments last couple of years, too bad things didn't work out between my gf and I so that ended in May of this year and since August I don't have almost any contact with her at all. Though that's her loss, not mine since I can get better girls, but she admits that there will be no one like me, ever (perhaps I should update the love thread about my life again )

Other than that things at school are going fine as well. I got a nice room with nice stuff in it: TV, PC, nice radio , DC Got nice friends, some angels of female friends who are always there for me.

Come to think of it: I'm a feakin' lucky *******.... Now all I want is a nice gf
Well, I do try to think of the positive things every day and quote how lucky I am. I beat depression finnaly so I'm beginning to heal. Of course I have already told you how life 8-18 years was pure torture. the 1-7 was awesome because i was only told I looked like Steve Urkel. Living with my own kind makes it worse in the long run. In fact, I don't care about women anymore (no, I'm not going to be a homosexual). Well, there is one wonan I care about, and if she says no, that's IT! I give up :mad: There is nothing wrong with being single and happy with a good career.

Try to get to know some new people who DO want to be your friend,
I guess online is the way to go
also seek for some reasons why you can't find ppl who want to be your friend:
Ok found it, no internet connection in my room
Are you looking in the wrong place?
America in general is a bad place to look.
Are there things about you that scares new ppl away?
Well, I'm ugly, it that helps :emb:

There are those who have it worse than me, so I can't assume it's any worse than anyone here.

·
Perpetual Dualism
451 Posts
blueshogun96 said:

6. I'm hopless

ahhhhh at least i'm not alone well expect 7 and 10 pretty much the same

·
band
4,912 Posts
blushogun : i think there are friends to be made in real life too. i mean, online friends just aint the same as real life friends. imho. im sure ur prolly just not trying hard enuff. Also, being ugly shudnt be a problem with making friends at all, unless the ppl ur trying to be friends with are all @$$es.

my life so far is ok. the only thing i regret is going into a [email protected]$$ university program that makes me feel like a bag of sh!t everytime theres a test or exam...

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
blueshogun96 said:

6. I'm hopless
No offense friend. :)

But with a negative attitude like that, it's no wonder you have nothing.

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Esturk said:
No offense friend. :)

But with a negative attitude like that, it's no wonder you have nothing.
I try to be as positive as I can, but what I said, that was just the sad truth. :lol:

·
band
4,912 Posts
dude, anyone that says that their ugly cant be positive man. i think u just have an ugly self image that causes ppl to shy away from u. i mean, who the ***** ever told u ur ugly (in a serious way)

·
Banned
177 Posts
I am ugly to some, and beautiful to others. The same applies to everybody. Nobody is ugly to everybody in the world..and nobody is beautiful to everybody in the world. In fact omg there are some ladies who even go against the stereotypical tv male and have a mind of there own ! lolz. so you see its just a matter of time and place. Get out more if you can that should help.

This reminds me of the song by Ray Stevens "Everything is Beautiful in its own Way" lol

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,357 Posts
Gee, so what if you have no friend? :rolleyes:

No offence, but people with such attitude piss me off. All they do is whine and whine all day long. Well guess what, with an expection of one or two, I have no friends in real life either. As a matter of fact, I know more people online than the ones I know in real life. So what if you have no friends? Life is not over.

From my personal experience, I got nothing from "friends" but pain. A real friend is the one who sticks with you in the times of need, a such people are rare to find these days, hence living alone isn't as bad as you think it would be ( or to me at least ).

As for my life. I don't fit into any of those categories. It's more of a mixture of all choices.

Yours,
-Elly

·
Registered
350 Posts
blueshogun96 said:

6. I'm hopless
Belive me, ypur life could be worse, my dad commited suicide when i was 12.
I recenlty got done with the worst divorce ever.
I cant afford crap.
and a bunch of other crap i didnt type out.

and no, im not saying your liefe is easy.

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
エッリー said:
Gee, so what if you have no friend? :rolleyes:

No offence, but people with such attitude piss me off. All they do is whine and whine all day long. Well guess what, with an expection of one or two, I have no friends in real life either. As a matter of fact, I know more people online than the ones I know in real life. So what if you have no friends? Life is not over.

From my personal experience, I got nothing from "friends" but pain. A real friend is the one who sticks with you in the times of need, a such people are rare to find these days, hence living alone isn't as bad as you think it would be ( or to me at least ).

As for my life. I don't fit into any of those categories. It's more of a mixture of all choices.

Yours,
-Elly
Well, maybe I went a little to far. I don't feel sad because I have no friends, good ones are just nice to have. I don't care about having friends anymore. When I was in grades 6-8 i cared, but though 9-12 i didn't give a Fh^much anymore. I don't think my life is over because of extreme isolation, I HATE it when people think like that. My future is all i care about. 1987 is not comming back so why cry over it? But as long as I have ngemu, I can't be sad. I never said I was sad in the firstplace, just displeased with life so far. I concentrate better with no friends. And with no friends I can read Andre LaMothe's programming books in peace. :innocent: I'm not the kind of guy who cries in the corner because he has no prom date for senior prom. I chose not to go willingly not only because it was my dad's funeral, I hated being around everyone from high school. Because I've seen... twiiiiiiiii-liiiiiiiiiiight :)

proger said:
Belive me, ypur life could be worse, my dad commited suicide when i was 12.
I recenlty got done with the worst divorce ever.
I cant afford crap.
and a bunch of other crap i didnt type out.
You may not have noticed, but I already stated that there are others that have it worse than me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well to answer the question on Life thus far.

After my eventual legal death in 1992 and life given back a few hours later, I must say I'm not any wealthier in the financial medium. But being alive does have it's rewards (mainly video games) and my family. Honestly, who said "you wasted your life on video games." Well, I'm damn proud of it for over 20 years I've been crunchin pixels. Nothing better except seeing the world, playing music (rock and roll) and sex (don't have da money for drugs...who needs 'em anyhow...got my video games galor...). I tell you I had a manic depressive friend and it was so depressing (and boring) listening to him tell me about his suicide solutions, I was about to do him in myself, but luckily fate intervened at the bottom of a lake. Don't get me wrong, I liked the guy, but you can only take depression and suiced for so long and it gets old. Move on and find something else to do.

My riches fall in my family and the digital age. If I was not living with electronic and digital imagry day after day, I would be as depressed, sad and lonely as someone else who is on this forum. I need my radiation, that's all there is to it. If it's not flickering, speaking back to me in strange beeps and pops or just pissing me off for not working right, it's not life (except for my family which occassionally does this stuff also). The joy is in what I have and what others want to take from me.

Since I've already died once and do not have money to begin with, my life really can't get any worse for me unless the electricity stops flowing.

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
My life is quite good now i am studing i got a work and i am probably giong to be promoted soon so i will take over a pc hardware shop and i am just 20.
I have five great friend that are there for the worst and the best and we call ourselves The Inphynitiv Clan.

Btw blueshotgun dont worry about not having friends just stick with those who are there for interest and give them the same interest treatment, that way you will meet new people and maybe find great friends.
I used to think that here in my country (Angola) had nothing to do, Luanda the city that i live in has only one decent cinema but over the time i noticed that there is more to it that meets the eye you just have to find out your city.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts