Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My personal contenders for game of the year 2008:

Condemned 2: Bloodshot

The first person brawler contains some seriously vicious methods combat, fantastic forensic element and atmosphere that grips you tight and threatens to never let go. The story may not intrigue as much as it could, but its originality in developing characters, taking use proper use of the first person element in delivering story and having the main controllable character interact with the events that are on hold, rather than simply being the 'silent assassin' that plagues so many games these days, Condemned 2 is simply brilliant horror and violence done right.

Left 4 Dead

It may not be sophisticated in terms of story development, complicated level design or rise above a tactical shooter but what it instead delivers is an intelligent flow path to getting from A to B while carving through thousands of zombies with 3 of your best mates. Online multiplayer is all the rage in this day and age but to have the opportunity to get three mates over for a night of beer, pizza and smack talk, Left 4 Dead more than provides the tools for a good night of gaming. The atmosphere is tense, the enemies well designed and the 4 main survivors enjoyable with their silly banter.

Gears of War 2

Certainly proving to be bigger, better and more badass, Gears 2 more than delivers leaps and bounds over the successor in terms of visuals, story, set pieces and just balls to the wall brilliant third person shooting mechanics. Coupled with multiplayer that just refuses to die, thanks to a wealth of combat modes and the always brilliant Hoard mode Gears 2 is more than ready to take you into the shoes of a Cog soldier and to make the final stand against the locust. Unquestionably brilliant and Gears 3 can't come soon enough.

My personal pick: Gears of War 2. Countless months have being spent toiling away at its bloody gameplay and highly entertaining method of carving a meaty swathe through the heart of the enemy.

My predictions for 2009:

Batman: Arkham Asylum

From what has been shown for a massive big budget title, the new Batman, free from film and TV tie ins, is going to be for once a Batman game that appears to not disappoint. Some of the most drop dead gorgeous visuals ever seen from a console, and taking full advantage of the caped crusader this simply looks and by all accounts will be brilliant.

Ghostbusters

Unpredictably Ghostbusters is shaping up to be one hell of a sweet game, with a fresh story from the writers of the first two and starring the same magnificent actors from the first film, coupled with great production values and a team that just wants to create the best Ghostbusters game ever, this could be the game that will better compliment the decades old movie franchise than a new film ever could and could be a chance to show the world that videogames are a serious form of entertainment that can rival Hollywoods best.

My Pick for 2009:

Brutal Legend

Tim Schafer has a habit of making brilliant, original and memorable games. From Monkey Island, Full Throttle and Psychonauts fame he is conjuring up a title that will truly make the action/adventure/open world gamer scream with delight and to make everything better he is dousing the whole project with the iconic music - Metal! Which means that all the imagery that metal proceeds to produce will become a physical manifestation and at 20 hours plus for the main title and a presumable a billion more with side quests, secrets and lore to explore and understand Schafer is creating what is presuming to be gaming nirvana.

Well that's me, how about you guys? What got your motor running this past year and what are you looking forward to for this year?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Prediction for 2009, is KOTOR mmo, should it arrive this year (may not)

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the stuff! It's colouration is a little funny looking but eh. Now to inject it!

Damn missed a vein. Oh well, third times a charm...

It's not working. Quick, smack him with the paddles again!

Oh and I added my prediction for game of the year 2009.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
rhiannon curse of the four branches
overclocked
outcry
sinking island
gta iv

sims 3
damnation
re 5
sf 4
dead rising 2
harry potter half blood prince

alan wake
mafia 2
doom 4
diablo 3
sanko?triko?
Half life 3
tales of geist

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Eh did u even read the pc version dont even released yet

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Sucks for u i havent put my hand of it yet.:p

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Persona 4... No doubt there!:D

Well, if FFXIII makes it, it might be a good candidate... But I get the feeling I won't see it till next year:(

Another one is Diablo 3, if it makes it out this year... Assassins creed 2 might also do well, if they don't screw it up this time!:mad:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.