Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone is using for a pluggin setup an how they have it setup.

Sofar I've noticed that running Star Ocean the second Story from its cd causes really bad slow down in sound and visual.

Same for Chrono Chross, the opening screen plays a tad fast, an the game won't load past the starting screen :(

Valkyrie's Profile has speech issues, but I haven't played past the opening since well the stuttering from speach was pretty annoying :lol: .

Anyways, the emulation seems to be shaping up pretty nicely.

But I made the post to see how people setup their emulator, since my psx belongs to my step father now (gave it to em after i bought a ps2 an he's kind of a b!tch to get it off of, but also the faster load times, better visuals make emulation so much nicer :yippee: )

I've been thinking of replaying through FF7 / 8 / 9 since last time i had beaten those games were on the release :lol: . As well as I would LOVE to use my dex drive an load up my BoF4 save so I can finish that too.

(BTW for those who are wondering, I sold my PS2 after it started having issues reading PSX games ...an began to do the same for the PS2 games, after i JUST got about 72 hours into suikoden 3 and 20ish in xenosaga :rant: .

Personally, I'd love to help in pushing dev of these emulators for just self enjoyment cause its really really cool to see what makes this stuff tick (rather as in virtual as in system spec~)

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think the game you mentionned all need rather specific setting to be emulated correctly.

You can't have a single one-for-all plugin config. That's where epsxecutor comes in handy :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yar, I know that much ^_^....

But was more so speaking , "generally" speaking, which do most use. Just wonder if some use some of the more uncommonly used vid plugin instead of pete an etc =).

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
well, pete's is the best by far (except for voodoo cards---then lewpy's rules all) so why would you use anything else?

for a general setup, i just use the "nice" preset. for specific games, just use the search function or browse the forums. if a game doesnt work with the "nice" preset, chances are someone else has already asked about it ;)

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Graphics: Pete's OpenGL2 plugin (or his OpenGL plugin for Driver 2)
Sound: Eternal SPU
CD: Mooby's ISO plugin

I generally use the same settings for most of my games although some of them I have to alter the settings a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts