Next Generation Emulation banner

What Number crunching program do you use?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts

·
Terminal Dogma
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Erm now youre scaring me Seta-san, my CPU is overclocked!!!

Hmm..... I wonder why they dont try and harness the power of GPUs in these programs?, The GPUs in new gfx cards are Loads faster than cpus in some cases, it would also double the amount of work they get done.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
I fail to see the point...:p I don't use a screensaver, I turn my monitor off and put the computer into hibernation when I'm not home. Saves energy.

·
Banned
356 Posts
I fail to see the point... I don't use a screensaver, I turn my monitor off and put the computer into hibernation when I'm not home. Saves energy.
Apparently here in Australia homes increase their electricity bill by upto 15% because they leave their PC on standby/hibernation.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Umm.. well that's obviously not right then. Because when hibernating, everything pretty much turns off. It's almost the same as turning the power off completely. Where did you hear that anyways?

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
I suppose it isn't as good as turning it off completely. But it certainly does use less energy than leaving it on.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Every computer I've had, it's always been turned off at night and on in the morning. All of those computers still work great to this day.

But anyways, this is kind of off topic... So let's just leave it. There's a thread about this issue already. That is about the turning on and off of computers.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Hibernating computers save the contents of memory to disk, then power down. They are not on, therefore they are using no power.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
this was true a long time ago. it's not anymore. With the amount of heat these things put out it's only worth leaving these things on during the winter.

culubalo said:
It does + you save time (and possible the mobo's life) by not turning it on and off continuously...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts