Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to know about the configuration of ur controller.

1) A B C
---D

2) A B C
--------D

3) A B C D

4) A B
---C D

which one u use? none of the above?

Gernerally, i know how to use 1, 2 and 4. The third one just drive me nut. For all of the above, i prefer to use the first setting, how about u?

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A = low punch

B = low kick

C = high punch

D = high kick

------------------------------------------------------------

Y<--joystick----- O O O <--- button

-------------------O O O

-------------------------------------------------------------

for example 1:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Y<---joystick----------A---B-----------C

-------------------------D---unused---unused

--------------------------------------------------------------------

S

·
0 Posts
my pad doesnt allow me to use much different settings btw...
it has 4 buttons on the front, and shoulder buttons, but I never use those in fighting games.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
AC
BD

it's the best , now a other question how do i make correct Macro , like the Galactica Phantom for Ralf (KoF 2000) or the power gyser of Terry (also 2000) ?

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
...I also use the 3rd configuration - I'm very effective with it. I use my keyboard by the way - maybe the more "compact" configurations (like No4) feel more natural to gamepad users.

Regarding to what Zell said: I have also tried configuring the macros in winkawaks for KoF games, with no luck. It seems KoF uses a somewhat diffirent timing than the street fighter series...
To be more specific, I tried it with KoF '96 (I always wanted to be able to pull off Geese's Raging Storm at the press of a button !! - almost all the other specials & supers are pretty easy to pull off manually...)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Can anyone tell me some web page where I can learn how to play this game?!?! The game is awsome but to difficult and I can't do many tricks... Anyone?

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
Hi Metalmurphy. Why don't you try good old gamefaqs ? You'll most certainly find a KoF2000 faq there, all moves, specials, supers, tricks e.t.c.
If you're into this sort of games (beat'em ups) you'll soon discover that capcom & SNK games (KoF, street fighter, Darkstalkers, Rival schools, Fatal Fury, etc.) are easier to play because there is almost always a "pattern" in the moves (based on the legendary street fighter). That is, if you perform a "qcf + punch" with some characters, a special move will probably come out. This is unlike games like mortal kombat, tekken, & virtua fighter where the specials are extremely random for every character (i.e. there is no "pattern" used - you'll just HAVE to read a manual or see some guy play the game, to learn anything...)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I always try to use my numeric pad in for every emulator. Only go to other keys if the numpad is not supported. I use something like this:

A-------A+B-------C
B-------B+D-------D
B+C---unused---B+D

Which are:

7---8---9
4---5---6
1---2---3

Pad buttons are up=w, down=s, back=a, fow=d. That's how I use it. :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
i have hidden ST trick

when choose ST, press up left left left right right right down.. ST will change, this work following:

Kyo
Lori
Chang
Choi
Ryo
Ramon
Kasumi
Kula

·
Registered
310 Posts
I use