Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think shining force 1 + 2 for genesis are the best "old-rpg-game" ever! the soundtrack isn't the best but the gameplay is cool!!!! *lol*
and do you know the gag with the CHIRUP sandals?? in the prison at the very beginning! they are on the table! just equip them and they make a cool noise at every step!!!! the game is cool! PEACE

· Registered
12,014 Posts
Off to misc console discussion this goes. I love the original Shining Force. It isn't my favorite of the series (I prefer Shining Force CD and Shining Force III (the second and third installments better get unofficially translated, grr)), but I played that and got the system just as soon as I could. From the back of the cover, it looked like a traditional RPG, but it was so much more than that. I didn't like the second nearly as much. There were no characters you could identify with like in the first one, and it just seemed too rushed to me. However, Shining Force is still one of the best strategy RPGs out there, which is saying a lot, considering how old it is.

· king Kong Never Dies!
2,194 Posts
I LOVE them very much! It is very GREAT! Besides the gameplay, i also like the music, especially the battle music. The only dissapointed part was the final boss, which was quite easy to beat.

Btw, there is another rpg called "Far East Eden" for pccd, anyone know about this game, i have been searching for this game more than 10 years and finally got it!

· Premium Member
8,592 Posts
I loved all the Shining FOrce Series.. SF1, 2, and 3 on the Saturn.. I would've liked to play SF3 Scenario 2 and 3 in english though.. Now I am playing Shining force cD on gens.. Best strategy rpg in my book..

I also like Dragon Force 1 and 2 on the Saturn..

· Registered
1,009 Posts
Quite possibly the greatest game series ever, at least for me.

The only one I haven't played /recently/ is SFCD. I really should sit down with that again sometime, it was ace :)

I would kill for SFIII Scenarios II/III to hit the states, or for the saturn versions to be translated. All my begging to the only person involved in Saturn translation I know didn't work, he's hung up on Langrisser :/

· Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Shining force 1 was the first 12 megagit game.. It was huge for it's time on the genesis.. The battle scenes are some of the best I have seen.. I really hope Sega makes another Shining FOrce on one of the Next Gen systems.. Hell, they should've made a SF for the Dreamcast.. :)

· Registered
50 Posts
Th Shining Force Projects are not abandonned, and there many japanese Fans have asked a new version to the official Sega Customer Service (SCS)
(It helps having japanese friends !)

Guess Mr. Sega's already thinkin' about a new SF...

At least, I hope so. Let's pray !

;)

· Registered
12,014 Posts
A new Shining title is in the works for GBA, although it's not in the same style as Shining Force. Hopefully Sega is also working on a true Shining Force sequel, although I also wouldn't mind a game like Shining the Holy Ark.

· Registered
50 Posts
Originally posted by CD
I was hoping for Scenarios 1-3 of SFIII to be re-released on the DC a long, long time ago :/
No !!! Stop thinking of re-re-re-releasing. To make new money with old titles shows the lack of creativity !!!

Please ! Everybody, little or older, wants something new, something improving, don't they ?

I'd rather play a brand-new shining force than re-re-re-playing an old one because the box has been remade.

Don't you think so ?

· Registered
50 Posts
In fact, I wanted those scenarios adapted on other platforms, too !

I wrote this just to see what would be your reaction...
Sorry, sometimes, when I'm angry, I like doing that !

But I knew Scenarios II and III were only Japanese ones !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.