YOU KNOW YOU WORK IN A LAW FIRM WHEN ...
1. Your resume is on a diskette in your pocket.
2. It's dark when you drive to and from work.
3. When your boss says, " We have a brief we need to file tomorrow - I need you here early, " it means: " Come in early, wait all day, skip lunch and plan to stay late because I won't give you the first draft until 3:30 pm and we really have until the last Federal Express leaves the airport to get it out."
4. You get really excited about a 3% pay raise.
5. Your office closes for a holiday and all you can think about is the hours you'll have to make up for taking that day off.
6. The fire alarm goes off in the building, and no one in your office moves.
7. Your biggest loss from a system crash is that you lose your best jokes.
8. Salaries of the Partners are higher than all the Third World countries' annual budgets combined.
9. Free food left over from meetings is your main staple.
10. You're already late on the work task you "just" got.
11. You "get" just about all of the above.