Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi emuforums,

after I've had my stupid moment and incorrectly put this up at the ePSXe forum, I'm now at the correct place for a PS2 Emulator problem I hope ;)

now, first off: I'm the PC type of gamer, I only want to play God of War 1&2 and Shadow of the Colossus since Ive heard loads of good stuff about these. (I've only played FF7&8 on the playstation which was great)

now Ive got the GoW1 disc from a friend since I recently got my hands on a new gamepad, so I thought I could give it a shot. Ive also acquired the basics for emulation (PS bios, plugins), so I think I'm prepared.

my problem is, GoW runs awfully slow. I can see that fps counter in the title bar and it is never at 100% (only during the loading-credits right at the start), and from what I gathered PS games actually run as fast as they are displayed, so less fps means slower game. in any case, GoW starts fine, I can actually *run* it, it is really unplayably slow, hardly above 40% in that fps bar. I've configured everything according to the guide I found on here, Ive searched for topics with GoW where I always read about GDsx 1076m graphic-plugin - none of it helps. I've tried setting different resolutions, running at native, toggling effects on/off, using speed hacks (x1.5, x2, etc.). It just won't run normal. (Ive got as an iso on the harddrive by now)
this has probably been asked millions of times, but what's the config and plugin setup I need for GoW to run? (and preferably, GoW2 and SotC too)

specs are: AMD Phenom X4 920, 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM, ATI HD4870 1GB, WinXP Pro SP3

I am very grateful for any tiny bit of help really. Thanks!

edit: I am experiencing similar problems with a copy of Metal Gear Slug Anthology, if it is of any importance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I have simmilar specs, but a bit less. (Phenom x3 - 4gb 667 - geforce9800)

I could get near 100% speed turning almost all ON on the Speed Hacks menu. The only thing is that the graphics show with a green color. Maybe something to do with the Z buffer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.