Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I'm having a bit of a problem getting epsxe to run FF9
I'm using epsxe v1.52 using an ISO of the game, however when running off the ISO I get a black screen. I've tried mounting the image on daemon tools and running of the CD-ROM menu, but this results in an error saying 'seek past end of disk/ on line: 334' followed by a runtime error. I've tried playing other games (MGS and Chrono-Cross, both original PSX CD, North American versions) but this same error occurs.
At first I was thinking that my FF9 ISO was perhapes from the PAL version since the blank screen seems to be common in that case, but my PSX CD games dont run either.
Any suggestions?
-- sorry if this is all a bit n00bish, im used to SNES roms

Config epsxe 1.52
-Video: Pete's OpenGl 1.75
window mode 800x600
32bit
texture quality R8 G8 B8 A8
txt filtering 4
hi-res 0
gfx 0-auto
off-screen: 3
framebuffer texture 0
frambuffer access 4
alpha mutlipass on
mask bit on
advanced blending on
misc - all off

sound - Eternal SPU plugin 1.41
CDrom plugin - Mooby2 CD disk image driver 2.8

PC specs--
Windows XP with sp2
althon 64 3200+
1024mg ram
nvidia geforce fx5200

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
what did you make the ISO with? often that is a source of the problems. what happens when you play it off the original disc?

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok i also had the same problem with this game. the easiest and only (that i know of) way to fix the problem is to patch the iso goto *snip. No linking to them! * to get a protection fix patch for your version of the game and patch it using ppf patcher in think it is called then u should have no problems with the game.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in the process of using the PPF patcher now.
unfortunately I don't have the original disk of FF9 anymore, I let a friend borrow it and he's off to some private college so I have a bit of a problem getting it back till school's out. I dled the ISO from someone else in my college, but I'm not certain as to what region/version of FF9 it was made from.
Is there any way to tell? I would assume that if its not the NA version it would be the UK-Pal.
thanks for the help thus far - I've been wanting to play this game again for ages.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Checking versions

If you open the ISO with something like say WinRAR, they'll be a file in it "whose name is like SLES*,SCES* or SLUS*" (from the ePSXe 1.5.2 helpfile). Google the filenames to see if you can identify the country. One resource that I found particularly for FF9 was here. Alternatively, look at the third letter. If it's a U, it's mostly likely United States/Canada NTSC. J = Japan NTSC. E = Europe PAL.

If you are who I think you are, then you've got a US/Canada version.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
ok, check out the [rules]rules[/rules]...this is enough for one thread. go get the game back or go to to the store and pick up a used one or hell, go to ebay and get something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8184804577&rd=1

but for all we know, it could be a messed up ISO, you cant be sure because you didnt make it (and you cant remake it or try the CD). furthermore it's illegal. thread closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.