Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is about the final thing the board needed to be complete. anyway, what are your thoughts on the upcoming Xbox. I want to hear it all.:D

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
dude, its microsoft..nuff said :p
anyhow, it would be interesting to see what happens when they try to enter the videogame market. they already have some proprietary titles lined up which will give it a foot-up but who knows..

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah. the most complaining i've heard w/ regards to the xbox is the ease with which titles can be ported to and from the pc. if it's true, then i don't want one in mi casa.

·
Registered
168 Posts
like i said previously - xbox will fail completly since its basically a pc base system and we will already have all the documentation to emulate it (and i think the processor will be x86 - so it will run at almost full speed too....) a 899$ price tag won't help either...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Xbox costs so much!! I would rather buy a new PC instead, since you can do anything with a PC. With Xbox you can only play games, email and do some other stuff. Plus, there's always emulation.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hmmm...where are you guys getting this price from? Last I heard, it was still unannounced. I'm pretty sure MS wouldn't release a console with such an unreasonable price point.

I think the Xbox has a good chance, I like how they're saying they designed the thing for the devolpers not the end-users. Regardless, it owns the PS2 and the only real competition is even more secretive (GameCube) so nobody can be sure what's going to happen.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$499 sounds a little closer to the mark.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
GameCube all the way!!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
well, I'd like to see lots of cool console games on xbox that get ported to pc...so I just can keep my pc and play all the cool games :)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
The Xbox $149!,Let me laugh!!!!!
Here's what I think of the Xbox:mg: :laser: :rockets: :spy:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think xbox is gonna be pretty sucky...
even though it may have good specs, i dont think it has a chance against gamecube, you know, gamecube=nintendo(the best) xbox=microsoft(the newest to the video game market) so I think gamecube is a better choice after all NINTENDO.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hope that the Xbox isn't as bad as their crashy Windows products. In other words, I hope that it doesn't crash or break down.

:laser: :rockets: :mg: :smash:=:dead:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts