Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i wanted to ask what are the requisites of the pcsx2 emulator... cause i put the resident evil code verónica x... and when i put file=run cd... my pc crashes and i have to restart it... i put enable console and the window says: bios version 1.60 could not find rom. Maybe my pc is too tiny for the emulator??? I would like to know the requisites.
Thanks.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
gerihutchins said:
Hello, i wanted to ask what are the requisites of the pcsx2 emulator... cause i put the resident evil code verónica x... and when i put file=run cd... my pc crashes and i have to restart it... i put enable console and the window says: bios version 1.60 could not find rom. Maybe my pc is too tiny for the emulator??? I would like to know the requisites.
Thanks.
Well, for starters, it'd be a good idea to tell us what kind of system you're using (CPU, RAM, video card, etc...) just so we have an idea what you're working with.;) Regardless, no matter what kind of PC you have, certain games just aren't going to work yet. Your best bet would be to read the configuration guide and try different settings. If it still doesn't work, chances are, that game just won't work yet.

·
Programmer/Animator
262 Posts
Most probably you have configured it wrong. And just to point out that you need a powerful PC to emulate the PS2 - i tried pcsx2 on P4 2.4 Ghz, 512 MB RAM, 256 MB GFX Card, the emulator still runs slow. Also, this have got nothing to do with the computer as, the emulator is still being developed and it won't allow you to emulate in a flash.

Also, cyclonmaster does have a point. Due to experience, i can say that, once i had a virus/worm on my computer. Every time I try to run a CD, the computer freezes. I download Bazooka from Download.com and had it checked. The result showed that the computer had tons of viruses. I set deleting all associated files with the viruses and re-checked, it works. So check it out. It might work...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.