Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to play FF9 on my CPU since its a great game but im to cheap to buy a PS or PS2. My problem is that the sound in the vidoes and such is allways choppy and screwed up. Im using null 2's and everything else works fine. Execpt this. If you could please help that would be great and if you need more info on my system just lemme know. But i just need to know the sound settings that will work best with a Philips Acoustic Edge Sound card.

Thanks,
n0xide

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried both of those and I still get distorted feed back. I hear the music but its very rough. I dont know what to do to fix this. Any Idea's?

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
May be ur cpu is not fast enough to process the sounds.

It is good if u can post ur system spec when u ask questions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im running XP on a athalon 850 with 358 megs of ram. geforce 2 gts acoustic edge sound card and an asus av133 mb. Im using petes open gl and the epsxe generic w2k cdrom core and that all works fine. It loads pretty quick and everything. But the MEDC music is all choppy and distorted. Im using the 1001 bios cause i cant find the other one. Well any more help would be nice. Some specific settings for the Eternal or Null2's plugin would be great too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Make sure you have the latest Drivers for your sound card and also the latest directx. I think Directx is up to 8.1 now......Most problems with sound can be rooted to old drivers. Even if they came with the card on a CD they may be old and outdated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have the newest detonators and the newest drivers for my sound card. im not that lame. The games run at the correct speed and sometimes faster depending on the setting but never slow.

Anybody else that can help?

:(

·
Registered
285 Posts
It doesn't make you lame if you don't know to keep your drivers up to date, most people don't know.Ii was jus trying to help........:(

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
If your getting choppy sound in MDecs with eternal/Null2 etc my guess would be that the spu option is set wrong. Switch off the "Spu IRQ always on" option Off in the emu and switch it on in the plugin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks it was the spu problem. They were prolly conflicting. Anyway its all working great execpet the Fighting Scenes are way to fast. Other then that it works fine =D

Thanks to all of you trying to help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts