Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't an epsxe issue in itself although that's solely what I use my gamepad for so ...

Anyway I have a Super PS Joy which works great under win 98 se, rumbling and all and with the default xp drivers works fine under win xp too. My problem is that the rumbling doesn't work under winxp because if I install the drivers from the cd, whenever I open the rumble menu, it crashes and epsxe crashes whenever I open controller config too. With the deafault xp driver everythign is great except for the no rumbling though.

What I'm wondering is, is there a win xp driver that actually works under win xp for the super psjoy with rumbling because I've seach everywhere I could and I haven't found anything.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm using the same thing and I've had the same problem, the drivers do NOT work with XP. I have yet to find any that do. So far, the only thing to do is get a new adapter, the guys who make it haven't even put out a new driver.

However, you may be able to try a different adapter's drivers, just a thought...

·
Registered
213 Posts
I don't know if this is the same drivers you already have but found it at a web site that said it support xp with force feedback

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks but that's actually the same driver that shipped with the adapter and it doesn't work on xp. I tried it just in case too but it still does the same thing ...

I couldn't find any driver that worked under xp except for parralel port ones like psxpad ... but they don't support usb unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
It doesn't work on XP, or doesn't install?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it installs. but whenever I choose the rumbling tab uder gam controller properties, it crashes. And epsxe also becomes unstable and crashes. With the normal xp driver it works fine but it doesn't have rumble support.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Dunno what can happen, then :/ .

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
who the hell made those things anyway ?

it<s kinda hard to complain when you don't know who manufactures it.

Ah well. Thanks for trying to help me anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts