Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally upgraded from my mx440SE . I ordered this ti 4200 for about 90$ .Will get the card in a day or two. Video in function was really important for me since I needed to record few videos for my brother.

Now coming back to the new card. I ordered it thinking that it was plain old ti4200 or more precisely http://www.xfxforce.com/product_view.php?sku=PVT28ANC but it came out to be http://www.xfxforce.com/product_view.php?sku=PVT28BNC but without the gamepad and free games.

After that I read some reviews about the card and it looks like that this card is quite good. Infact the seller tells me that this card outperforms all cards upto 5700 fx only to be beaten by 5700 ultra.

Is it true ? Anyone having any info about this card ? Any ideas whatsoever ?

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
The Ti4200, especially when overclocked, is VERY fast even today. I compared it against an Asus FX 5200U of my friend's with my Ti4200 in my machine and wow. I tried Painkiller on both with max settings, and it wasn't a bit playable on the 5200U (I'm talking 0.2FPS.. I didn't think the card was THAT slow, but apperently is) but ran smooth as butter on my Ti4200, all at stock speed. The 5200U compares to about a 5600 standard, so that's saying quite a bit. It also completely owns the MX440SE by so much, it's impossible to compare in writing.

You made a good purchase, you won't be dissapointed. :)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today I read a review comparing this turbo card to ti4600 and surprisingly it came out on top in most of the tests and AFAIK a ti 4600 is compared to 9500 pro and even beats 5600 ultra so I am pretty much excited. ;)

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
We'll I've been using a GF4 Ti4200 (though its a lame one from Chaintech), but this is the first card that I've kept for more than one year. Why? cause its still working very well.

I've been playing all the latest games, Like Doom 3, Rome-Total war, Painkiller, Manhunt etc etc, all of'em run awesome with medium and low setting profiles.

·
Registered
331 Posts
yeap, i was happy when i had my gf4ti4200, being able to play doom3 smooth, among other things, but now hushy has it, and i hope he enjoys it as much as i did.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Well I have had my TI4200 since March 2003 and as long as you dont play Desert Combat on high settings (gives a whole new definition to lagginess) you should be happy with your card

1 - 7 of 7 Posts