Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Great for them still showing love to AGP.

What I think is most chipsets that have AGP support weak cpu by today standards so that will bottleneck it.

I rather update than use that.

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why? This kind of crap annoys me. It's often this type of clinging to old technology the stunts new innovations. Don't get me wrong, I don't like things completely changing every 2nd day, but AGP is dead. Time to move on.

But there are still some people who are looking for a new AGP card for their old system. Think about them.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Great for them still showing love to AGP.

What I think is most chipsets that have AGP support weak cpu by today standards so that will bottleneck it.

I rather update than use that.
Why? This kind of crap annoys me. It's often this type of clinging to old technology the stunts new innovations. Don't get me wrong, I don't like things completely changing every 2nd day, but AGP is dead. Time to move on.

But there are still some people who are looking for a new AGP card for their old system. Think about them.
While i agree with red that there are people who need them it would have been a good idea to do an nvidia agp card not an ati one since they dont support agp as far as i know for newer models...

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Ahh...the good old days of AGP, I still remember the time when I brought a Nvidia FX5500 (AGP 4x). It was the first dedicated GPU I brought and its graphics just blew me away :lol:

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Ha. Maybe if the price was like 50$ or something. Im still running an old back-up ide on my board since my pcie x1800 died. Where i dont like Asrock much, it was very handy to have a pcie and an agp slot.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Ahh...the good old days of AGP, I still remember the time when I brought a Nvidia FX5500 (AGP 4x). It was the first dedicated GPU I brought and its graphics just blew me away :lol:
For me my first was an ATI rage 3D 8MB agp 2x the funny thing is a friend had a TNT2 32 mb card and a better PC then me, but i could run ePSXe on D3D better then him :lol:.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.