Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I overclocked my e8600 to 4.5ghz to play dolphin a while back and everything was fine. Now ive put in another 4890 into my setup to make it crossfire and now i cant even overclock my cpu at all anymore. Would it have something to do with my power supply or motherboard you think? Ive got a corsair 620w PSU and a p5q Deluxe motherboard.
Cheers

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
i wouldn't think so, but its possible.

whats the 12v rail readings at?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
its within the +-5% of the ATX spec....

reset your clocks and dial em back up from scratch, the addition of extra hardware is known to lower the max clock.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its within the +-5% of the ATX spec....

reset your clocks and dial em back up from scratch, the addition of extra hardware is known to lower the max clock.
Nah that didn't help. I used RBE to edit the bios and change the boot up voltage to the higest possibe (1.313) and now it doesn't shutdown. Instead, the screen stays black while the pc's still running. Tried lowering the bootup clock freqencies as well and that didnt help.

Any ideas? Anyone know how to increase the voltages more at bootup?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
wait WHAT? o_O

you are modifying the Radeons voltages?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wait WHAT? o_O

you are modifying the Radeons voltages?
Sorry i don't think i explained myself clearly enough. By increasing the radeons voltages at bootup i am able to keep the PC running, after it reboots to apply the overclcking changes, instead of shuting down straight away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.