Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my copy of Xenosaga 2 at Target....they had it on sale for $37.77....haven't had a chance to play it yet (I've got so many games that are still on my "need to finish" list) But I plan to check it out tomorrow....I'll let you know later how good it is.

·
Jyushi Bismark
2,561 Posts
What excatly do you get for bringing your cleared Xenosaga I save along? I've heared you get the handy swimsuit.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Pretty much the swimsuits and based on the lvls you had in your clear game will give you a formulated amount of skill points to be used in the universal skill tree for the characters. With the exception for the newcomers.

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, after playing Episode 2 for a while (I'm already too the second disc) I have to say that Game Informer's review of it is right.

Xenosaga Episode 2 is a dropped ball of Devil May Cry 2 proportions.

That was their review....now don't get me wrong....the storyline is great....but they MURDERED the battle system.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well the battle system has added a lot of depth in terms of using the booster and break zones. Although they sacrificed a lot of tech skill animation with basic attacks, it would seem they were just addressing the simplicity of the first game. This battle system is ok, the only gripe I have about it are the boss battles and how they magically get a lot of boosted turned that overtake you when you are boosted. The battle system to me has improved, although it maybe tedious or annoying for some, I can live with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts