Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i've been surfing around the forums trying to look for a solution but so far i haven't been able to find one.

The problem is that this game has alot of FPS issues, most of the time it runs fine on 60fps, then it suddenly drops down to 25-30fps and this can sometimes happen in the same cut scene, the fight scenes seem to work at a 50-60fps, so i have no higher issues there.

My PC details are as follows :

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16ghz
4GB Ram
Graphics Card : ATI Radeon HD4850

I'm using the following plugins on a PCSX2 0.9.6 version :

GSdx 890 0.1.14
ZeroSPU2 0.4.6
P.E.Op.S CDVD 1.3.0

I'm open for any suggestions that might help me fix this issue :)

Thank you.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Rip the disc to an ISO using DVD Decrypter (or some other free tool) and use Linuz ISO CDVD plugin instead of P.E.Op.S.

You may also wish to try one of the newer SVN builds. Some additional speedhacks have been made available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rip the disc to an ISO using DVD Decrypter (or some other free tool) and use Linuz ISO CDVD plugin instead of P.E.Op.S
Actually i was already emulating the ISO file through Daemon tools, but i had some issues with Linuz ISO CDVD Plugin but i seemed to have fixed them and this fixed alot of the FPS issues, but it still drops drastically sometimes.

Thanks for the help though :)

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
your version of PCSX2 and GSDX is the problem.

·
Explorer of Worlds
60 Posts
The latest version is 1474 for pcsx2 and gsdx gets updated every day or soo.

And well my old Pc gets so 5 ~ 30 fps while watching the Sartsequence from Xenosaga II.

I wonder what my new Phenom II 940 does when it arives:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.