Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[Fanboy mode on ]

I knew Jin and Citan are somehow related since they both share a common last name ( Uzuki ) and their passion for books & swords, but I never expected to see Jin actually wearning Citan's outfit. I wouldn't be suprised if this one ended up with a tie to Xenogears.

New gameplay looks very promising. Seems like the combo system from Xenogears is back again, the stocks seem to be gone ( or at least, I didn't see them in there ). The graphical enivronment is looking great as usual. The characters look more refined. The music from this and the previous trailer featured music from Xenosaga II though. I guess they're still composing III's soundtrack. As for the story, it seems that

Shion has left vector and is now part of an underground organization investigating Vector's role and the truth behind the Old Miltia incident 14 years ago.

download here

Yours,
-E

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
yeah, i've seen the trailer too. have to say i'm pretty happy they decided to release this on ps2 on not a next gen console (which i'm sure they could get away with).

as for the citan clothing thing, i have a feeling thats more of a fan service thing than anything else. this stage of xenosaga is waaaaay to far in the past to have any real connection to xenogears, no? (i guess they could get away with the last name thing though. ;) )

i just hope the air/ground combo weirdness is gone this time around.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
i absolutely hated xenosaga 2. Its so slow and boringggg. Hope this one is a lil more like the frist one

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yes, I guess with every release they are learning, hopefully by the final chapter, they have something decent. I don't even know if the next 3 will still be in the PS2. I will have a feeling it will be to the PS3 after this one.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Isnt this the last Xenosaga? I remember hearing since of cutbacks they would finish the triology because of bad sales or sales werent that great.

·
Registered
408 Posts
It is supposed to tie into xenogears...so yeah I woudln't be suprised if it leads right up to the crash. And yes XSIII is the last...there was initially supposed to be 5 games, with Xenogears completing the series as episode 6 (they weren'te sure if they could remake it or not but wnated to from what I remember).

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Lobo said:
there was initially supposed to be 5 games, with Xenogears completing the series as episode 6 (they weren'te sure if they could remake it or not but wnated to from what I remember).
Wrong! Xenogears is part V :p

I actually wouldn't expect too much of XS3, anyway. The reasons can be read in Wikipedia (search it for Xenosaga)... It's the same reason why XS2 sucked.

The graphics, however are absolutely stunning. Let's see how this game will develop.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
it's sad that xenosaga won't be making it to EP6. as a series, i like it. one of its greatest advantages is how it's quite different than the rest of the rpgs that are out there. oh well...
other than that, bring in EP3! :D

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Umm... I find this rather sad, because Monolith splitting away from Square seemed promising that this project wouldn't be consumed by the eternal strife for money...

·
9,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Exodus said:
it's sad that xenosaga won't be making it to EP6. as a series, i like it. one of its greatest advantages is how it's quite different than the rest of the rpgs that are out there. oh well...
other than that, bring in EP3! :D
Xenosaga was never intended as a 6 ep series ( as far as I know at least), Xenogears on the other hand is ( ep1 of Xenogears starts right after the Elridge incident ...read Xenogears Perfect Works for details ). It just means that Shion/Kosmos's story arc will finally end at ep3. Time will tell if they will continue the triology with another story arc in the distant future or whether they will quit on the xeno-series.

Yours,
-E

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
could have sworn i remember namco/hometek saying they were planning on making xenosaga episodes 1 through 6.
anyway, i don't know. i (think) i read that they were stopping xenosaga all together (not just the shion/kosmos story) after ep3, and that should they continue, ep5 would be xenogears (remade?).
who knows... we'll just have to go one game at a time, i suppose.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Exodus said:
could have sworn i remember namco/hometek saying they were planning on making xenosaga episodes 1 through 6.
anyway, i don't know. i (think) i read that they were stopping xenosaga all together (not just the shion/kosmos story) after ep3, and that should they continue, ep5 would be xenogears (remade?).
who knows... we'll just have to go one game at a time, i suppose.
I remember it too...and so does RPGamer ;).

Dealing first with the series as a whole, Takahashi revealed MonolithSoft's plans for the Xenosaga story, which has six episodes. The company intends to produce each of these six chapters, including a re-release of Episode V, which was the basis for Xenogears. Additionally, it seems that Xenosaga will be a fair bit shorter than Xenogears; Episode I will weigh in at a relatively slim 20 to 30 hours to complete.
and gamespot

Takahashi adds, "There will be six episodes planned in all, all of which are divided into three major parts. (3 major parts? 3 games? -Lobo) I already have the story plotted until the middle of episode five in my mind, but certain ideas may be perceived as old-fashioned as time goes, so we'll try to be flexible to changes."
But yeah I was wrong on thinking Xenogears was ep 6... :p

·
9,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:hmmm:

So that means they were intending on compressing Xenogears into 3 episode at the end? (??) Ah well , at any rate, Takahashi and Soroya are both more or less off the project. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yours,
-E

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
well, if ep1-3 (shion/kosmos) are considered to be one "major part" and ep5 is to be xenogears, then one of ep4 and ep6 must be a major part, and the other one would be part of the xenogears "major part". does that sound right? :D
my guess is that xenogears would be ep5 and 6, since there probably wouldn't be much to do after xenogear's ending.
but what kind of "major part" could they squish in one episode? hmm...

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Well, I don't know much about the plot in ep. 3 but as far as I know, the awakening of Deus shouldn't be too far away.

I'd have guessed that ep. 4 and 5 played after Deus' crash on the planet whose name I forgot. They might be situated in those various periods Fei's and Elly's past incarnations live in.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
in response to your spoiler text, i'd be more interested in that then seeing yet another shion/kosmos story
ep2 spoiler coming up:
especially since albedo is no more...

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
The only bad thing about this game is that once you have the current one, you know it'l take years before you get the next :cry: But a new Xenosaga would probably give me my fix for a few days, then on back to waiting... at least after a few more runs hehe

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.