Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Play the game, don't bother with the anime.

Yours,
-E

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well If the anime is a direct port of the story, I'll be more interested in it. As my small vacation ends next week and I don't think I'll be able to play another game to it's end.

I need to know if the anime having the same story exactly and not just using the name ala "Final Fantasy Unlimited"

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
I watched the whole Xenosaga anime series.

The Xenosaga anime series is a follows the storyline in the game.

Since the game is over 60 hours long, some of the storytelling from the game has been condensed in the 12 episode anime.

Xenosaga anime is for those who wants to understand Xenosaga storyline without having to play the game.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
not sure how you're only getting 15kb/s. i was getting 50kb/s which is my max. must be the whole australia thing. :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've also watched the whole 12 episodes of Xenosaga the Animation.

Don't really remember it clearly because I watched it like a year ago, but there are some plots that are slightly changed or some characters have heftier role than in the game or vice versa.

*spoiler*
Like for example, in the anime, the Elsa was chased by the U-Tics in the 'gateport' (or whatever) then Durandal came in the same channel and destroyed the U-tics. Then after they came out from the gate, hordes of gnosis came to attack them.

While in the game, the Elsa met the Durandal while it was being attacked by the hordes of gnosis. And the Durandal was the one who chased/infiltrated U-tic.

Oh well whatever, dont really remember it -_-

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Basically, it tells the story of ep. 1, but even those who played the game will find lots of new things in there.

There have been some minor plot changes, a few additions (Jin Uzuki, for example) and a nice little side-thread. Umm... did anyone play Xenosaga Reloaded (Jap only :()? I've seen a few screenshots showing the fake Kirschwasser who is playing a not-so-minor role in the animation. Can anyone compare it to the anime?

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
I have to go with Raziel on this one... the game is hella boring and slow. Its confusing to the point that if you save it and leave it for a month and then come back, you have no clue whats going on (yes that happened to me XD).

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Won't that happen with ANY RPG? I remember experiencing the very same with Final Fantasy games as well.

BTW: I'm curious how many "Xenophiles" will deeply hate you two, now :D

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
nah, they have the right to their own opinion. but, i'd much rather watch the ripped cutscenes from the game than a lame-o anime.

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Well, I'd agree with you, but unfortunately there are many cut-scenes in the game that are rendered by the PS2 itself. And the game wasn't all that hard, in my humble opinion - well, except Proto Merkabah (Merkava?)...

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
i'm pretty sure anything that's voiced over can be ripped. that's what yeloazn tells me at least.

otherwise, one can always download the scenes from that link i posted somewhere above.

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank's everyone for recommending me the anime. Today I've finished watching it.

It was nice. It couldn't touch Xenogears story but well.

My questions :
Side note : Before you answer any question down, don't make any spoilers refering to Xenosaga 2.

1) Who was the older Kos-Mos? (I know this might be a poiler question so if it is, just don't answer)

2) Could it be that Jr is Fei's older incarnation? I'm saying if Albedo -who is Jr's dark side- can be the key to Abel's place then he might be Fei?

3) Why's Shion semi nude in the intro :p ?

4) If Xenosaga is after the event where Humans first reached Earth (Or xenogears planet) since they've mentioned Abel, how could it be that with such technology they couldn't reach their planet?

5) Is the anime a direct conversion of the game? I mean with the all the stupidity of episode 7 :p ?

6) Someone said that there's a mission from the game that's just mentioned as a flash back in the anime. Is it the one where the cyborg saves Momo?

7) Is the soundtrack of the anime the same of the game?

8) Is the story writer Masato Kato?

9) Tell me all the referrences from Xenosaga to Xenogears. I was able to find very minor ones, I hope you give me some more, again with out spoiling any thing from Xenosaga 2.

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Alright then:

First off, Xenogears is the fifth episode of Xenosaga, therefore episode 1 plays before the events of Xenogears. Earth is referred as Lost Jerusalem and has nothing to do with the planet Xenogears plays on.

1) I have no idea who you are talking about.

2) I would have said that Jr. was some sort of past incarnation of Billy, because both are gun maniacs.

3) Only the creators know...

4) Nuff said.

5) Pretty much yes. There have been some modifications, but in general the plot is the same. Episode 7???

6) Yes.

7) No. The game soundtrack is much better :D

8) No. His wife, Soraya Saga (also involved in Xenogears) continued the script work. She was, however, disposed of, after finishing the ep. 1 script.

9) Zohar. Nothing more. Everything else will be uncovered in later episodes. Which I won't spoil for you ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.