Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got through the whole game on ePSXe, I have to say that it is the best game ever made, period. Anyone else love this game?

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Xenogears is one of my, if not the, best game I've played on the PSX. Great stuff. Xenosaga will probably be the reason I break down and buy a PS2.

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Somehow, of all the Square games I've played this ranks almost at the bottom. I'd even rate Bahamut Lagoon as better than this; but as always this is just my opinion.

Secret of Evermore is the worst, much worse than Mystic Quest IMHO.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Shiori: A lot of people don't like Xenogears, and for good reason. It's nothing like any other Square game.

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
Shiori: A lot of people don't like Xenogears, and for good reason. It's nothing like any other Square game.
But the plot sure is twisted, that's why I liked it.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Yep. I was EXTREMELY surprised this game got released here in the U.S. For that matter, I'm surprised it didn't get an M rating. That proves the raters only rate by script, because this definitely isn't a teen (by U.S. standards) game.

·
Registered
215 Posts
yeah how does xenogears work with epsxe i think im gonna get it and also you guys all say its great but i would like to know befor i get it whats it liker i never seen nor played it well ive seen pics of it i just want to know about the battle system and the general ..umm how do i say it umm rpgish quality like is it different or is it dunguns and fighting let me know

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Xenogears is sort of a sleeper title, not to big a hit, but an 'ok' game with some good & bad game elements thrown in.
not my favorite RPG, enjoyable but a bit too long.

as for the game working with epsxe?
This game was definetly not ment to be played on a real PSX that's for sure ;) only ePSXe can do the game justice.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
How about persona 2 i'm planning to get one of this game

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
I have it, and it works okay....couldn't say much about the plot though, I rushed myself through it since I only borrowed it from a friend.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You know what really piss me off. Whenever I think of this game I get really dissappointed. I used to play this game like crazy when it fist came out. Okay, I was eleven years old when this happend:

It was my birthday when this happen. I was playing xenogear in the morning. I invited my friends to come over. My little brother got mad because he wanted to play but I didn't let him. So when I tried to save my game he turned it off. When I turn my playstation back on the file wasn't there. I cried because I've spend about 55hours on that game I had all of my charater's combo. I was about to finish that game too. I cried and when my friend came over they started to laugh because I was crying over a game. But they don't know how must work I've put into it. I never got to finish the game. So thats why i'm so dissappoint when ever I see this game.

But now i'm going to finish what I started so all the painful memory will be gone. So wish me luck:)

·
Registered
900 Posts
spoiler do not read on if you havent beat the game

xenogears was cool but it could have been better. i mentioned this before but i think they should have doubled the quest to include playable parts of of fei's past as id. id is so cool.

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Originally posted by Esma
My little brother got mad because he wanted to play but I didn't let him. So when I tried to save my game he turned it off.
If my brother (yeah I am the older one) did that, i'd punch him (actually i did once ;)).

·
Registered
186 Posts
My new favorite game as well. In fact after finishing it on VGS, I felt compelled to make a similar thread which you'll find further down or on the next page haha!

BTW, was did the movie lockup occur in ePSXe 1.4.0 or just 1.2.0? I am going to replay this one sometime but I dunno if I should try ePSXe this time. I tend to prefer a "glitchless" gaming session even if it means crappy graphics. Especially when it comes to sound and music. Did you notice anything funny about the game while playing?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Originally posted by Esma
You know what really piss me off. Whenever I think of this game I get really dissappointed. I used to play this game like crazy when it fist came out. Okay, I was eleven years old when this happend:

It was my birthday when this happen. I was playing xenogear in the morning. I invited my friends to come over. My little brother got mad because he wanted to play but I didn't let him. So when I tried to save my game he turned it off. When I turn my playstation back on the file wasn't there. I cried because I've spend about 55hours on that game I had all of my charater's combo. I was about to finish that game too. I cried and when my friend came over they started to laugh because I was crying over a game. But they don't know how must work I've put into it. I never got to finish the game. So thats why i'm so dissappoint when ever I see this game.

But now i'm going to finish what I started so all the painful memory will be gone. So wish me luck:)
wow, thats sad :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have been having the same story, and you know for what game ?

Final Fantasy VI

I started again and finished the game long ago, though.

A (former) friend did erase my save by using badly a game genie or somewhat like this.

I hate game genie, and I hate people who don't care about save files !!! :mad:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts