Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
On another post started by rockman, he wondered why he was having problems with xenogears transparencies, and at the end of the post, they came to the conclusion that the best way to fix it is just to use p.e.o.p.s. gpu plugin. So, i took this advice and switched to this plugin, but the problem is, is that with peops, for some reason, the game runs with totally crap graphic and just looks really nasty... and some videos dont play all that well ( i tried fiddling with a lot of different settings on this GPU too :rant: ). So i was wondering, if anyone knew a way to get the tranparencies working on Pete's 1.75 gpu plugin. I know this is just as rockman said a pet peve, but if anyone could lend a hand there could possibly be some pay-pal exchanges, lol :eyemove: . Thanks in advance for the help everyone :thumb: :bow:

Here are my settings:
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce4 Ti 4200/AGP/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 60

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 4
- Framebuffer texture: 3
- Framebuffer access: 4
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Which transparencies? The only GF4 issue that I know with Xenogears is the intro logo. Everything else should be fine!
I suppose try lowering OSD to around 2 or 3, and maybe try the Fake Sub blending or old texture filtering special game fixes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the transparencies when you do things like access the menu, where normally it would like overlap the menu over the game screen, but instead it just overlaps the menu over a black screen, thats why i dont wanna get whicked picky about this ya know, lol, online the menu screen ( and title, but who cares about the title). but thanks, ill try ur config changes :thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
pete himself already answered this question: NO way to fix this with the 1.75 plugin, using his ogl 2 plugin solves the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts