Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In epsxe, im getting an 'integer divide by 0' crash right after the part where Fei and the Doc are in the floating 'prison' thingy with their gear on top of it.. You know.. right after the battle in the desert against the worm with the gear and when you first meet Grapht (or whoever)..

Basically, after I talk to the doc a bit and then agree to get some rest, he starts blabbing on about "is this him? no! it cannot be a coincidence, it is him! could it be the temple of blahblah" and then the transition comes and BOOM crash..

Anybody else getting this error and if not, could you tell me which plugins you used?

btw, i cant save to a memcard.. only save states.. is that normal?

My system specs are:
win2k sp1
dx 8.0a
gf2mx 64mb
epsxe 1.2
petes opengl 1.48 on 'nice' setting w/ full vram primitives checked + offscreen drawing set to standard
epsxe spu

thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
This is a bug in ePSXe you need to use VGS to get through this part.
It also crashes later in the game and you will have to use VGS again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Odd.....everyone seem to be getting this problem except me. :)
Well Ive played this game with the older ePSXe version, and use SeguD3D.
Guesed I got lucky then :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry for reviving this old thread, but I have got the exact same problem!

I, too, cannot save to memcard, I only can use save states, and I know of no way to convert a savestate to VGS so that I could get past this crash.
Does anyone here have a save right after this point? Would be much appreciated, and it seems like I am not the only one with this problem. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since noone seems to be able to help with my problem, does anyone here know of a emulator that will run in Win2k (VGS doesn't? It gave me an error message...) and play Xenogears flawless, or at least the emulator most unlikely to crash with Xenogears?
TIA!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
You could give FPSE a chance to be useful,maybe it works with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I thought about using FPSE too, but I haven't heard anything definitive about it playing Xenogears, and I don't feel like wasting my time searching all the secrets and leveling up like mad just to find out that I cannot continue the game after the real storyline seems to begin again... :(

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Why can't you use memory cards?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have used save states until now, and now the game somehow doesn't want to save to a memcard, no matter what I do. :(

I get "save not succesfull" messages, and yes, I have tried the F4 trick. I have even tried downloading Xenogears saves, and although I can load them, I cannot save at the same memcard, or overwrite the saves on the memcard. :(

I know of no way to convert savestates into an format that is compatible with another emulator, and without the ability to save to a memcard starting the game in another emulator seems to be my last resort. :(

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Do you receive the error message in-game or in the ePSXe MS-dos screen?

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
I'm sorry this won't help right now, but for future reference - If a game has more than one disk, DON'T USE A SAVE-STATE!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Does it save in other games?
If not,are you sure you created a memcard(I know it's silly but it a possibility).
Then check the SIO irq option before to start the game.
Select NTSC in the country selection.
Tell me if it works,if it doesn't I'll try to find something else.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does it save in other games?
Haven't tried it yet, I will once I have time, but I'l be busy for a while.

If not,are you sure you created a memcard(I know it's silly but it a po
I can select the memcards in the games, and AFAIK it would give me a error message that there are no memcards, wouldn't it? Is there anything special to creating a memcard?
I used 2 that wee preinstalled, and I downloaded a memcard with a Xenogears savegame included. I was capable of loading the Xenogears save from the memcard, but not of saving to the memcard. :(

Then check the SIO irq option before to start the game.
As I have previously stated, I tried saving with SIO IRQ off and on (I used the F4 key, but I am certain that I saw some text in the comand line (ePSXe DOS box) that SIO IRQ is enabled.

Select NTSC in the country selection.
I didn't try that, but I will once I have time.

Thanks for helping me out with the troubleshooting! :)

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
The cards that come with the emulator need to be formatted before they can be used...though, since you DID download one and load it, I have absolutely no clue as to why you couldn't save afterwards...:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just did a quick check of things:

Setting ePSXe to NTSC didn't help. :(
I tried saving in BoF4, and it didn't work (but I only tried once, short on time). :(

BTW: Doen't ePSXe/Playstation tell you to format a memcard that isn't formatted when you try to save on it anyhow? But, since I cannot even save to a downloaded memcard, it probably doesn't matter anyhow.

·
Kupo kupo?
93 Posts
try this:
set PAL mode
delete files called (if there is)
memcards\temp.000
memcards\temp.001
play with your savestate
save game normally(try pressing f4 if it doesn work)
copy them. then exit epsxe then rename this files for the name of the memory cards u r using for the game like:
epsxe000.mcr epsxe000.mcr and so on.
and forget about Savestates cuz its cheat. thats why god is punishin' ya

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is not a good idea!!!
When you use those save state .. for some reason epsxe doesn't save anymore in the "pre-defined" memcard.. but what it do is it saves them into temp.000 and temp.001.

Another thing is VGS cannot save on blank section of a memcard. So what you can do is convert those epsxe memcard that have some save data to vgs memcard... AND overwrite those saves that you don't want..in vgs.. and convert them back .. and copy them back...(not to temp.00x .. :D)

Try it :D

Originally posted by OMNiSLaSH
try this:
set PAL mode
memcards\temp.000
memcards\temp.001
play with your savestate
copy them. then exit epsxe then rename this files for the name of the memory cards u r using for the game like:

·
Registered
9 Posts
try this:
set PAL mode
memcards\temp.000
memcards\temp.001
play with your savestate
Umm...wouldn't I loose my savestates by deleting temp.000 and temp.001? :confused:

That is not a good idea!!!
When you use those save state .. for some reason epsxe doesn't save anymore in the "pre-defined" memcard.. but what it do is it saves them into temp.000 and temp.001.
Another thing is VGS cannot save on blank section of a memcard. So what you can do is convert those epsxe memcard that have some save data to vgs memcard... AND overwrite those saves that you don't want..in vgs.. and convert them back .. and copy them back...(not to temp.00x .. )
A few problems here, too:
I am running Win2k, so I cannot use VGS. :(

And I don't know how to convert a savestate (.000, .001...) into a regular memory card? Will renaming them to one of the file extension of a memory card do, or can most emulators simply open a savestate without any problem?

I am going to try another emulator sometimes tomorrow, does anyone here know if AdriPSX or FPSE are more compatible with Xenogears then ePSXe? Any known issues with those emulators? I really want to play this game, but currently there's no way I can. :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts