Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that everytime an in-game sequence comes up in xenogears all i see is black screen that pulses with a red tint. I do a see a little bit of what looks to be what i should be seeing in the bottom right corner.
I hear all the sounds fine, and the text boxes come up alright and everything but i cant see anything.

Im running this from an ISO
I use ePSXe 1.6.0
Video - with Petes OpenGL 1.75
Audio - Andy's SPu audio driver 0.16
CD Rom - ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K Core 1.5.2

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce4 MX 440/AGP/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 1280x1024 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [16 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: on
- Screen smoothing: on
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

Thanks ahead of time for any help and suggestions on this

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am having a somewhat similar problem, with a relatively similar set-up. I was at the scene when Fei first confronts/meets Grahf and then must fight some monster that comes from the ground.

As soon as the battle scene opens (the shatter effect), I get a pop-up error that epsxe has encountered an error, at which time the program closes down. Has anybody else had a problem like this?

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Try setting Framebuffer textures/access to 2/3 or 0/4

·
Registered
21 Posts
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: MOBILITY RADEON 9700 x86/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Window mode
[32 Bit]- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 1
- VRam size: 128 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 60

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 3
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: off

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

The error message I get is:

COP0 Opcode 01 UNK

What does that mean? And what can I do?

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Well it normally means there is a CD reading error. Try a different CD plugin. Try (re)ripping an ISO

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kane-Sama said:
Well it normally means there is a CD reading error. Try a different CD plugin. Try (re)ripping an ISO
Damn. SOL. I was using an iso that I made minutes before I had to leave the cd at home as I left to return to school abroad. Damn. Is there any way around this, or will I have to wait until I return home?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Well, hoping it's just that part of the ISO that got erroneus, you could post a memcard save near that part, so maybe someone with the game can pass that part for you. You'd, however, lose some minutes of the game (basically, till next save point is reached), and if anytime later you find another error, you'll need help again. If you can get your hands (legally) over a new copy of the game, i suggest doing so.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I-Chan said:
Well, hoping it's just that part of the ISO that got erroneus, you could post a memcard save near that part, so maybe someone with the game can pass that part for you. You'd, however, lose some minutes of the game (basically, till next save point is reached), and if anytime later you find another error, you'll need help again. If you can get your hands (legally) over a new copy of the game, i suggest doing so.
Thanks, yeah. I'm a bit bummed out because I beat the game off the cd on my psone. It'd be a bit tough because I use savestates a lot, too. But, I'll try again... and maybe burn the iso to try it off a disc, though I doubt that it will somehow magically work if the original iso is faulty. Thanks for the help and advice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I-Chan said:
Well, I finally got a new copy over ebay, ripped it, and tried to play it. I ran into the exact same error at the same spot (it couldn't possibly be bad data from somewhere earlier in the game, could it?). Now, I'm more than happy to offer up the mem-card with the data if anybody would be willing to help in such a way. Geez... this problem and still the problem with the Muse city animation from Suikoden 2...

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
numenlatini said:
(it couldn't possibly be bad data from somewhere earlier in the game, could it?)
Well, unless you've been using savestates, i don't think so. Now just hope that someone that owns xenogears is nice enough to pass it for you ;) .

·
Registered
21 Posts
I-Chan said:
Well, unless you've been using savestates, i don't think so. Now just hope that someone that owns xenogears is nice enough to pass it for you ;) .
Uh oh... I guess that I ought to stop using those save states, convenient though they are. If I've used save states, would I be better off just starting over (though it still seems a bit odd with the error message)? Yes, otherwise, I'll just bank on the kindness of others to help me with Xenogears and Suikoden 2. Geez. Why are save states so problematic?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Well, there are some people that use then frequently and have next to no problems. Even so, the recommended practice is to make both savestates and memcard saves, and avoid savestates on multicd games. Many times, this kind of bugs have been caused by save states.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I-Chan said:
Well, there are some people that use then frequently and have next to no problems. Even so, the recommended practice is to make both savestates and memcard saves, and avoid savestates on multicd games. Many times, this kind of bugs have been caused by save states.
I use save states a lot, but also go through many a memcard. I've never had the problem with save states (or errors) on Lunar 1 or 2, Suikoden 1, or any of the other save intensive games. Is it likely that the error from Xenogears (as the Suikoden glitch is widespread, though, perhaps, not my particular glitch) is due to save states, or something else?

I may try to restart Xenogears because I loaded to that problematic scene from a save state, but from a new source cd. Perhaps if I just go through it with the memcard the problem will go away. I'll check back in a few hours to edit this with an update. Of course, even when playing off a memcard (rather than save state) for suikoden 2, I can't get around the Muse glitch.

[edit: I bypassed the glitch by replaying from the memcard rather than the save state. this is one of those save state errors (probably a relic from the first, bad cd). though, any help with suikoden 2 would be appreciated, too. thanks for the help, I-Chan.]

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is a separate problem, so I am posting a new post rather than editing my previous post. If this is problematic, I apologize. I am playing only from memory cards (due to the previous problems with the save states). In the event following the cinemas related to retaking Aveh, Fei is leaping up a canyon/mountain side to act as a feint. Well, for some reason, in battle, the game freezes as it did when I had the save state error, and sometimes I get the exact same error that I got when using the save states.

I have reloaded the game from the memory card (as I have ceased using save states), but this has not succeeded.

Would somebody be kind enough to play past this sequence?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi numenlatini, i have the exact problem like you and have been searching forums and never find the answer. I've tried f7, different configuration, different emulator, memcard, save states nothing work at all.

Have you correct your problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
can anyone help..?
right before operation aveh after long scene about bart and sigurd then ramsus dream then ellie and her team, when fei told to go to cave entrance, when it went to battle mode it always freeze.
i also tried different emu, graphic plugin, cdr plugin, ISOs, so far nothing. I even tried it on my other computer and it still freeze right at the same point.
i don't know what's wrong.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks for answering.

I've read and tried all the basic troubleshooting and still have the same problem, and about my xenogears problem not the one that posted there. It's way before Fei memory scene.

thanks.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
what does the logger display?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts