Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am playing xenogears after a long timeof playing and I have come accross this rather odd effect that to me looks like a bug. Notice how the glitter looks like squares, I have tried all the different plug in and they all have the same result.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here they are!

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce 6800 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 2
- Internal Y resolution: 2
- Keep psx aspect ratio: on
- No render-to-texture: on

- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 1
- TexWin pixel shader: off
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 65.0

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 2
- Framebuffer uploads: 2

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: off
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

but those squares aren't normal right?

·
Registered
654 Posts
From the look of it, something's screwy with either framebuffers, alpha blending or bit masking.

I suggest trying Pete's OGL (not OGL2) and playing with those three things.

Do you see the squares when you play the same sequence on your PS1 or PS2?

Dan

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See that's the thing I am not sure and that's like about half an hour into the game. I was wondering if any of the xenogear buffs here who play the game religiously and know from top to bottom could tell me if its not a bug, I reemmber it looking different but I am nort sure. thanks anyways. By the way tried what you told to no avail.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Again
I tried on the PSX and nope the particle effect look like glitter not the big crap blocks I got there... I see no one has care about this post I will look around for compatability options and stuff.
thank you anyways.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Not having Xenogears, the best I can advise is to play with the GPU settings and command line options for ePSXe. First make a savestate so that you don't have to play a long time to get to the problem area. It would be best if you could make the savestate during the effect in question.

Then try (one at a time):

- internal X resolution 1
- no render to texture OFF
- high-res textures 2 (I've read somewhere that the 2xSAL sometimes causes problems)
- high-res textures 0
- framebuffer upload 0
- framebuffer effects 3
- ignore small framebuffer moves ON
- odd/even bit hack ON
- -noauto on command line

And a last question: are your gfx card drivers up-to-date?

Dan

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
for one, make sure that you're using 60 fps limit, not 65.

is there a memory card save near there? i havent played this game yet, but my roommate owns it so i can just borrow it.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
damn, screw that then :p

does it still look like that when you use pete's softplugin?

can you continue on the game without it? in otherwords, does it only appear there and you can progress on or is a continuous problem? if it's JUST that one scene and it doesnt impede gameplay...get over it :p

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
(In Ren's Voice)
You SEE! I don't know! Everything was perfect till that one moment I remember it being just great before! and now look at it those horrible blocks!
erm...Yeah I believe I can continue...but sigh...no one else has this problem.... Could it be my card? I really don't know....
I feel like reformating my comp...
Well I guess I can continue on playing xenogears...I hope I won't get those blocks again or I'll go back to playing it on PSone. Maybe I should make time to make an avatar...yep that's what I will do....Megaten it is....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.