Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I shall introduce myself: I am what a lot know as Zantetsu and anything else would put a bad image to me. :innocent:

Anyway, the previously-mentioned game just froze in a flashback/dream Fei is having after being caught by Kislev. Is there any way to bypass this problem? I could not use the memory card saving feature so I'm currently stuck on this part (even if I did use the memory card I would probably still be stuck). If there is, could anyone please tell me the directions I should follow?

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
basically, press F7 once before, and once after.

or conversely, play on a different emulator like PSXeven, SSSPSX, or PCSX.

oh and by the way, this sticky at the top of the forum has that same advice ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If you are using the ePSXe emulator you will freeze at the same part as well unless of course you use the method mentioned on the sticky topic (which doesn't solve anything for me by the way).

EDIT: I forgot to say, is saving/loading supposed to not work for this game?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Zantetsu said:
Ah, I read the stickies and I tried that tip... But nothing happened. How will I know it is working?
you'll know it works if it doesnt freeze.

im palying xenogears now too, will i also get freezes?
depends on what emulator you're using. ePSXe has a known bug there, and a known fix--the F7 button. press it once when the scene is starting, and once when it's over.

of course, your problems will go away if you use a different emulator. i'm currently playing xenogears on PSXeven 0.19.
EDIT: I forgot to say, is saving/loading supposed to not work for this game?
no. in other words, yes it's supposed to work. im playing xenogears now and memcards and save states work fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the clearance. I can save state very well, yet the memory card feature from within the game is causing me problems for a reason. It is reading the memory card since other saved games show up, but it fails to save my progress... Any ideas?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.