Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i use pete openGl 1.54 and if in xenogears a battle transition or something else which uses the framebuffer starts, the screen yellow gets to strong. i have geforce2mx with detonator 21.81

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
i also got that thing in tales of destiny 2 and breat of fire 4(on the beginning were the rest on the cave)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i hope someone has a solution for this because i want to replay xenogears with all effects, and i don't want to install win 98 to play it with vgs.

im going to try some new detonators 22.80

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
isnt it that this game have some problem in epsxe eg crashing?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, now that you mention it...right it has some crashing probs which you need to solve with vgs.
So it looks like i must install win 98 if want to play xenogears again.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
how about dual boot??? i think you must visit the ngemu compatibility list for details

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
actually i dont use dual boot also coz it takes a lot of hd space i preffer to use the space for psx iso's for speed loading
BTW vgs emulate this game good but you'll get pixelated graphics as expected :evil:

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
how about using a tv out it will look cool

·
Registered
19 Posts
hmm, i have the same problem when playing chrono cross, with the special game frame buffer fix for xenogears. the screen looks yellowish when the transition or other effects occur.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Yeah, I get that yellowish effect with the new framebuffer option. my solution: don't use it, use Full Vram Primitives instead. Ironically FVP is faster than the new FBROM on my system...probably because I have the raw CPU power to run the scenes (1Ghz) but not the enough rendering capability with my Geforce 2MX (remember pete's using a geforce 3...probably has something to do with it)

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have this problem with Pete's OGL plugin as well. With Pete's D3D the Framebuffer option works fine, though Full VRAM Primitives runs faster for me too.

·
Diehard 3Dfx Fanboy!
544 Posts
What's the point of using hardware acceleration GPU's in the first place if turning on the Full VRAM Primitives option makes it run in a Software Rendering Mode?

That might sound a little sarcastic or rhetorical, but I'm really curious why it's an option on a Hardware Aceleration GPU.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by Goku7
What's the point of using hardware acceleration GPU's in the first place if turning on the Full VRAM Primitives option makes it run in a Software Rendering Mode?

That might sound a little sarcastic or rhetorical, but I'm really curious why it's an option on a Hardware Aceleration GPU.
because the graphics look better when compared to software mode

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Originally posted by Goku7

Because the effects (Battle transitions, swirlly's, etc...) aren't easily done in hardware. So pete and lewpy do them in software and overlay them. Is it slow?? yep, cause you in effect have to GPU's running in parrallel. But at the time they were implemented it was the only way to get effects. Since that time however, They have come a long way. We now have Framebuffer reads and such that are much faster, but then again not all things are working or can work using that method.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
because the graphics look better when compared to software mode
Hmm, not really in this case. FBROM and FVP look almost identical, except their implmentation is different.

The hardware acceleration through FBROM works independantly from the CPU, I think to really take advantage of it you're going to need a geforce 3.
where as, FVP is mostly dependant on your CPU and not your graphic card, so like I said earlier, my CPU is faster at rendering these scenes in software, than my graphic card is able to do in hardware.

luckily, for me they FBROM and FVP look the same. soo no real loss.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have a GeForce 3 and although framebuffer runs faster than FVP for most effects like motion blur. Full VRam Primintives still runs faster for Xenogears and other effects, so since Full VRam Primitives has fewer bugs I use that.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
that's kinda disapointing that FBROM is slower than software FVP on a geforce3 :( ...at least you can play games full speed with FSAA enabled without it looking like Myst.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Give it time...Pete's pretty inventive, he might just find a faster Framebuffer read method :)

Goes to show the PC cards aren't designed for a lot of this stuff!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts