Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm using a recent version of the PSX emulator xebra/arbex for testing. I managed to get the executable (currently only xebra, didn't test arbex) running on wine 0.9.50 but only in non-stretched mode.

I have native desktop resolution of 1280x800 and the emulated screen content is kinda tiny on my screen. Enable image stretching, so the image is blown up to the window dimensions eats too much performance on my system.
So I tried OpenGL stretching (that's what GPUs are there for anyway) but once activated I don't get any visuals. The emulator is running as I can hear the music play and I can also navigate blind and enter the game, but I can't see a thing.

Now I don't know if OpenGL stretching really works on Windows (I have a linux-only system), so I wanted to ask you guys if anyone managed to get Xebra running WITH OpenGL stretching enabled and intact visuals?
How does it look like? Does it create another window or does it display everything in the main (root) window?

If I can get further information I'm gonna make some debug attemps through wine and finally file a bug report so this is fixed. Maybe someone can help me here.

Thanks,
liquid

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Now I don't know if OpenGL stretching really works on Windows (I have a linux-only system), so I wanted to ask you guys if anyone managed to get Xebra running WITH OpenGL stretching enabled and intact visuals?
How does it look like? Does it create another window or does it display everything in the main (root) window?
OpenGL stretching works in Windows and image is displayed in the same way as without the option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts