221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi i have many question this program can be foun it here
here others softwares
here

and here more
click here

i konw that sound stupid but xbox360 is more accesible than ps3, here a mod for
xbvox360...(dump Extractor v1.0)what can i do with this software ? can some dev use this for some posssible xbx360 emu ? maybe xbox360emu can be possible if someone wants but is very complicated everyone knows this, need a lot of debuggers and hardware for debugg the codes of the xbox360 ghardware all this is very lazy..but there are the keys for past the protections in games at least hehe, well is interesting all this, because if someone make a xbox360 emu the point is not hate it because emulates only a game..the important is that will exists and is very cool the emulation ..if pcsx2 team make a emu so awesone like pcsx2, and ector dolphin, caustik cxbx, i thing that is not a miracle xbox360emu...thanks :thumb:

·
Premium Member
8,437 Posts
1. No documentation = no emulator. Simple as that. 360 is only partly documented and there isn't enough to emulate games.

2. Are you familiar with the specifications of the 360? If so, you'd know that the average home PC can't emulate that thing! PS2 had 1 CPU with 2 VUs running at 300MHz and you see how long and what hardware it took to get decent speeds. 360, on the other hand, has 3 CPUs and 3 VUs running at 3.2GHz! Traditional emulation methods will not suffice emulating the 360.

3. It would take a Direct3D 11 class GPU to even begin emulating the 360's GPU. The Xenos contains features that a normal PC GPU cannot do such as directly access memory from a shader (and that's scary)! Also, the 360 has an advanced tesselation engine that would be near impossible to emulate in software. Only a Direct3D 11 class GPU or later can ever fully emulate the 360's GPU. Last time I checked no such hardware is released and Direct3D 11 is still in beta at the time of writing this.

There's not enough resources available to emulate 360. No sufficient documentation, no suitable hardware, plus you have no one else willing to work on it. Don't get your hopes up anytime soon.

·
Banned
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks friend, very interesting all that you said, is awesone, well is in the case of 1 assuming that will exists a 360emu it run like in 4-5 fps at much in a core2duo3ghz and 512mb graphics...hehe..

well excuse me for my ignorance but what mean the documentation in all specifications?...
and why 360 is directx11 and widows has´nt released yet??
has you a guide for make emus in c++ and all about??

thanks

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Umm, I'm having a little trouble understanding your English, but I'll make an attempt at responding.

excuse me for my ignorance but what mean the documentation in all specifications?...
The Xbox 360's hardware hasn't been documented enough for emulator developers to create an emulator. Probably less than 10% of the system has been documented completely.

and why 360 is directx11 and widows has´nt released??
The Xbox 360 doesn't use DirectX 11, it actually uses a variant of DirectX 9, but the Xbox 360 has some special functions that the PC versions of DirectX don't support yet, but possibly will in DirectX 11.

has you a guide for make emus in c++ and all about??
You may want to start here: http://forums.ngemu.com/web-development-programming/25295-c-c-php-tutorials.html
It'd take a lot of learning before you'll be able to program something such as an emulator.

In any case, it don't think many authors would be interested in programming an Xbox 360 emulator before Xbox 1 emulation progresses a little more.

·
Banned
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok perfect thanks is all that i needed, well but in a conclusion this awesone machine(360) to me has more posibilties to be emulated than ps3, today 360 is moded hacked and more, and the 360 control can be emulated, well and more, only lack the documentation, and well if the hardware of today is not enoght there are games running in emus at 5fps and there are people that play it heheh. and well maybe in the future can be, but for now pc is a great option for some games , because i don´t know why the dev don´t wants make games for pc there are only fews games for pc and in a comparison with consoles is like 3% tgames than consoles has..there are fews options each time is worst.,,,fews themes like: resident evil5, jerico, bioshock, and others is a litle list for pc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Back in 2005, two weeks after the Xbox 360 was launched, they got a look at raw Xbox data, and you can get the program and look at some code yourself...... Now it's 2009 and no-one has done anything!?

But what really pisses me off is that Halo 3, Gears 2, Killzone 2, Halo Wars, and heaps of other awesome games have only been developed for console. However I do understand that the specs required for these games are pretty high, but look at Crytek; I reckon those guys rock. They released Crysis for PC, which needs a beast of a machine to run. They took a huge plunge when they did that and got criticized for it. There were lots of complaints about the inadequacy of the game, performance-wise, but I think the blame lies with the complainers' systems, for having crappy hardware, and then complaining that it wouldn't run on High. What I mean is, Crytek released Crysis, and it sold pretty well, so really there's no excuse for Halo and Gears and the others.

If there was a working Xbox 360 emu out there, all that stuff would be playable.

I have seen the name Blue Shogun in other places, and you seem to know a bit about it, and/or are capable.
I was thinking that if you could flash the Xbox 360 OS onto a computer, and build a program that will let you examine the workings, and since you can't run unsigned content, for documentation and testing purposes, maybe you could run games on the xbox os as normal and just figure out a way to feed the information from whatever terminal runs behind the scenes.

That way you might be able to further the documentation.
Then you might take the flashed OS and emulate it, but only by running the Xbox OS as a kind of virtual machine in a Virtualbox-like environment, but build your own virtualbox which lets you examine how the hardware acts, then eventually you could integrate the virtualbox with Windows, i.e, when the Xbox OS loads up a game, and "recognizes" a controller, the emulator sees it trying to find a controller, and tells it that it has one, when it really using a mouse and keyboard, therefore, on one end, the xbox OS thinks it is using its Xenon CPU, and the emulator just performs similar functions with the current PC CPU.

All that would need almost 100% documentation, and a really full understanding of how the Xbox works, AND a good understanding of how the Windows graphics and processing works, i guess.

Oh, and Windows 7 has DX11, so that would help slightly with understanding the xbox graphics.

So I probably just spent 15 minutes spouting crap there, and you guessed it, I know nothing about it, but anyway, I'm really hoping there is someone out there who IS doing something.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i think the xbox uses dx9 not even 10, its basically a budget pc.

no more no less, the graphic card is cack and the processor speed is nothing compared to current gen even older gen pc's.

also forget emulating fully in software liek most of these emu's, utilize the assets of the pc and the fruits will bloosssom

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
i think the xbox uses dx9 not even 10
It uses a very modified version of DX9 with features that the PC variants do not support.

i think the xbox uses dx9 not even 10, its basically a budget pc.

no more no less, the graphic card is cack and the processor speed is nothing compared to current gen even older gen pc's.
Well a tri-core 3.2GHz processor is still nothing to sneeze at. Still, it's more complicated than just a budget PC..... it has a lot of funky advanced stuff like the eDRAM and such, and of course all the extra DirectX functions.

also forget emulating fully in software liek most of these emu's, utilize the assets of the pc and the fruits will bloosssom
What do you mean fully in software?

Even if you optimize everything absolutely perfectly, today's most powerful consumer-level PCs probably aren't going to be very good at emulating the Xbox 360.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Ok lets see the specs...

Xbox1 vs Xbox360

Xbox 1 is a 733Mhz Intell processor with a Custom Win2k kernel
Xbox 360 is a powerpc with custom operating system.

Specs xbox:
Xbox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

specs xbox 360
The Xbox 360 System Specifications - Xbox

best options for xbox emulators is to take the sources from a virtual pc and build a xbox emulator from it. thats the options patrick told me, and i believe also its the best option for a powerfull xbox emulator.

About 360 emulator, first you need a Powerpc emulator and reshape it to understand 360 calls.
How the hell you gone do that.. thats the same like building a emulator inside a emulator.
Wich one gave the crash, your emulator or the powerpc emulator.

360 has 3 cores, mac powerpc has them and now the intell q9xxxx series and q6xxxx series and the new I7 series.

so only these last years we have the same power as a xbox 360.

to be very short, it will take a long time before we would see the first 360 emulators.

greetings,

Shadow_tj

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is Cxbx the Xbox1 OS running inside an emu?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that its just a rough imitation of the real Xbox1 code, but not actually tied to it in any way.

Is it even possible to rip the Xbox1 OS and build a program that will let you run it as a virtual machine?

Because if you could do that, you could possibly make a perfect emulator that runs anything Xbox1-related, and you just get the virtual machine prog to intercept the code for when and how it wants to use CPU, graphics, sound, and you just convert those signals so it uses the PC's normal hardware and system like a Windows program would.

Please feel free to correct me on anything or comment....
I'm new to this stuff...Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
the botbox is crap..idc...dude nothing in the gaming wooorld could beat the beautiful view of the luscious Sophitia Alexandra on a huge 50inch plasma... on the ps3 of course...what kind of soul edge fan plays his game on a box with controllers as square as the name..XD.."born and raised xbott hater"

PS: i didnt try to rhyme ..im black..its natural..XD

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
the botbox is crap..idc...dude nothing in the gaming wooorld could beat the beautiful view of the luscious Sophitia Alexandra on a huge 50inch plasma... on the ps3 of course...what kind of soul edge fan plays his game on a box with controllers as square as the name..XD.."born and raised xbott hater"

This thread isn't to discuss weather or not the Xbox sucks. :rolleyes:

GameCube is using PowerPC
PearPC would also be a good base, but the 360 is simply too powerful to consider emulating right now.

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
And PCSX2 was possible in its first times?:lol:
Well no, It wasn't.

Still, the 360 would need to become better documented before emulation becomes a possibility, even if hardware was powerful enough.

Wether or not you like the Xbox is one thing, but your opinion really doesn't belong in this thread.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.