Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I Am Merely A Pawn...
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm having trouble with my original xbox controller as whenever i'm playing THPS3 or any other dpad intensive game, it keeps on doing diagonals when i don't want it to. is there some kind of mod i can do to the dpad to help stop this?

·
I Am Merely A Pawn...
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S. my 360 pad also has some trouble with this but nowhere near as bad.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Bobrocks :) we kind of support xinput now as well via a third party wrapper. :)

·
I Am Merely A Pawn...
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i do use the xbcd 0.26 drivers for both my xbox S and xbox 360 pads fine. i know this since the diagonal issue happens on my xbox with THPS4 as well. and where's the info on the wrapper? for possible compatibility with some xinput games.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have you tried another controller? It sounds like a mechanical fault in the controller to me, especially when you say that your 360 controller has similar but lesser problems. It could be that particularly heavy usage has damaged the rubber pads inside, causing them to stick. (Using the 360 controller in the same way could cause similar damage, but to a lesser degree.)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
i do use the xbcd 0.26 drivers for both my xbox S and xbox 360 pads fine. i know this since the diagonal issue happens on my xbox with THPS4 as well. and where's the info on the wrapper? for possible compatibility with some xinput games.

its mentioned in the updated installer.

·
I Am Merely A Pawn...
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
been a long time user of it. i've never tried it with THPS3 though.
Edit: i don't know if it's a fluke or what but xpadder has helped.
its mentioned in the updated installer.
i didn't see it mentioned. i'll re-download the installer and re-check over it.
Have you tried another controller? It sounds like a mechanical fault in the controller to me, especially when you say that your 360 controller has similar but lesser problems. It could be that particularly heavy usage has damaged the rubber pads inside, causing them to stick. (Using the 360 controller in the same way could cause similar damage, but to a lesser degree.)
i can't try any other controllers at the moment. i gave my old ps2>usb adapter to my brother and i doubt he'd want to give it back now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts