Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering can you use the Alcohol 120% program to make an image of an Xbox game? If not which program does?

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
None. You have to pull the images off your X-Box.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
You have to mod it first, so I won't really go into that.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
XBox games are recorded onto the disc backwards, so a normal DVD drive won't suffice. Hence the need for modded XBox.

·
Leading the way.
836 Posts
It's not backwards FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! The only thing that sounds plausable is the encoding from the out to in. and a certain driver that is needed. If anyone wrote it, microsoft would nuke them.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Outside in is backwards to PC drives. That's what people mean. The first data track is on the outer rim of the disc. This is beneficial twofold: Seek times and load times are reduced in smaller games as the bulk of the game is on the outer, faster moving larger circumference rings. It also makes it unreadable in PC drives.

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
scottlc said:
XBox games are recorded onto the disc backwards, so a normal DVD drive won't suffice. Hence the need for modded XBox.
Wow, bill gates is actually thinking!? oO

·
Leading the way.
836 Posts
"This is beneficial twofold: Seek times and load times are reduced in smaller games as the bulk of the game is on the outer, faster moving larger circumference rings."

That's why I think it's true. I thought about exactly that.

Sorry Scott. Misunderstood ya.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts